Factories Turn to Integrated System Designs to Improve Operation, Save Power and Time
Maxim Integrated's subsystem reference designs accelerate and simplify factory automation with end-to-end integration of the signal chain.
SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Never before have engineers been able to get their industrial designs to market so fast. Three new low-power reference designs from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) provide end-to-end integration of the signal chain, simplifying factory automation.
The Carmel, Monterey, and Fremont industrial reference designs are fully tested subsystems, complete with schematics, layout files and firmware, and are available for immediate use and customization. Each reference design integrates multiple functions to provide a highly accurate solution for an automated factory task. Available for purchase, each board ensures rapid prototyping, early software development, and speed of design.
The Carmel (MAXREFDES18#) subsystem provides a high-accuracy, low-noise analog output. Carmel is ideal for programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and distributed control systems (DCS).
- High performance: accurate output from high voltages down to true zero
- Integrated error reporting: detection of short circuit, open circuit, brown-out, and overtemperature conditions
- Flexibility: provides both current and voltage outputs, including bipolar signals of -20mA to 20mA and -10V to 10V
The Monterey (MAXREFDES15#) subsystem is a high-accuracy, industrial loop-powered sensor transmitter that converts a standard temperature sensor input (RTD PT1000) to a 4–20mA signal that is immune to noise and is constant over long distances. It is ideal for distributed industrial sensor systems.
- Ultra-low power: system current consumption is less than 2.1mA (a 40% improvement compared to the industry standard)
- High accuracy: supports 0.1% system accuracy over a full process variable-input range
- Ease of design: all design files are included for rapid prototyping
The Fremont (MAXREFDES6#) subsystem is a low-power analog front-end (AFE) that accepts inputs of 0mV to 100mV. It is ideal for low-voltage output sensors, and process control and medical applications.
- Low power: less than 300mW typical power consumption
- Reduced time to market: fast prototyping with all necessary design files included
- Simplicity: single-ended system eliminates the need to convert to differential signals
- "Analog integration is accelerating factory automation," said David Andeen, Reference Design Manager at Maxim Integrated. "With these reference designs, engineers can get to market faster with the latest analog technology in designs that make factories more efficient."
- "We continue to see strong demand for reference systems and subsystems that feature high-performance analog," said Jim Beneke, Vice President of Global Technical Marketing at Avnet Electronics Marketing, the components operating group of global technology distributor Avnet, Inc. "Maxim's innovative designs, coupled with systems like the ZedBoard™, make a perfect match for today's engineering challenges."
Availability and Pricing
- Please contact factory for pricing.
- For information on other reference designs, please visit Maxim's Reference Design Center.
About Maxim Integrated
At Maxim Integrated, our designs make the world more integrated. And with analog integration, the possibilities are endless. In Fiscal 2013, we reported revenues of $2.4 billion.
ZedBoard is a trademark of ZedBoard.org.
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
More by this Source
Achieve High Energy-Measurement Accuracy with Highly Integrated Single-Phase Metering SoC
Apr 14, 2014, 09:00 ET
Maxim Schedules Conference Call For Fiscal 2014 Third Quarter Financial Results
Apr 03, 2014, 16:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.