FAIR President Dan Stein Available for On-site Comment After Mark-up of Senate Immigration Bill on Thursday
WASHINGTON, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), will be available to provide press comment and analysis at the Senate hearing tomorrow following the first day of mark-up of the Gang of Eight's immigration bill, S. 744.
Dan Stein is a 30-year veteran of the immigration reform debate and America's most visible and vocal advocate of immigration policy that helps, not hinders, American interests. He has published hundreds of articles, testified before Congress numerous times and regularly appears on virtually every network cable news program. Dan is leading FAIR, and its 250,000 members nationwide, to oppose S. 744 so that American workers and taxpayers will not suffer massive competition for scarce jobs and increased costs.
The Senate Judiciary Committee will consider hundreds of amendments while serious flaws in the Gang of Eight amnesty bill continue to be revealed. Stein can address several issues:
- Plans to rush a massive amnesty bill through the Senate while supporters provide misinformation and empty promises of enforcement to the American public.
- The fiscal, economic, environmental, and societal costs of mass amnesty and legal immigration.
- The reforms actually needed to serve the national interest of Americans.
- Call upon 30 years of immigration policy and law experience to provide a unique perspective on the history of reform and the past and current players.
WHEN, WHERE and HOW
- Thursday, May 9, directly following Senate Judiciary Mark-up
- Outside Hart Senate Office Building, Room 216
Stein and other FAIR spokespersons will continue to be available throughout the mark-up process.