NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A new menu of foods – from single-serve coffee pods to start the day, to cold cuts for lunch to organic turkeys for dinner, are now proudly bearing the Fairway Market label. Fairway Group Holdings Corp. ("Fairway") (Nasdaq: FWM), the parent company of Fairway Market, announced today the new private label offerings now available in all 13 Fairway Market locations in the tri-state area.
A sampling of the newest private label items from Fairway includes:
- Fairway One Cup single-serve premium brewing coffee for Keurig coffee makers — certified kosher, made from 100% Arabica coffee beans from fair trade and direct trade farms; there are six flavors and the cups are 97.33% biodegradable.
- Fairway Antibiotic-Free Growth Hormone Free Chickens and Turkeys — humanely raised on local Amish farms in Pennsylvania and fed a vegetarian diet of American grains and a healthy blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and oils.
- Fairway USDA Organic Turkeys — free-range and GMO free, they are fed a 100% organic diet on organic land.
- Fairway All-Natural Cold Cuts — Virginia Ham, Honey-Maple Turkey, Oven-Roasted Turkey, and Hickory-Smoked Turkey: all vegetarian-fed, free of antibiotics and hormones, and gluten-free, too.
- Fairway Hazelnut Spread — made in Piedmont, Italy, with high-quality cocoa, rich hazelnut, and sweet skim milk.
- Fairway Pre-Brined Turkeys and Cutlets, Drumsticks, Thighs and Ground Turkey — juicier meat sold as whole birds and turkey parts.
- Fairway Vitamin Supplements and Herbal Tinctures – a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, and herbal remedies.
These items join a roster of thousands of private label traditional, specialty, and organic food and grocery items at Fairway.
"Our private label offerings come from our commitment to offer our customers the best foods and the best values possible," said Herb Ruetsch, Chief Executive Officer of Fairway Market. "Our newest items also reflect our ongoing search to continuously bring only the finest products to our shelves."
About Fairway Market
Fairway Market is a high-growth food retailer offering customers a differentiated one-stop shopping experience "Like No Other Market". Fairway has established itself as a leading food retailing destination in the Greater New York City metropolitan area, with stores that emphasize an extensive selection of fresh, natural, and organic products, prepared foods, and hard-to-find specialty and gourmet offerings, along with a full assortment of conventional groceries. Fairway is headquartered in New York, New York.
Except for historical information contained herein, the statements in this release are forward-looking and make pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995; Forward-looking statements involving known and unknown risks and uncertainties and other factors that may cause Fairway's actual results in current or future periods to differ materially from forecasted results. Food retail is a large and highly competitive industry, and Fairway's business involves many risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to: our ability to open new stores on a timely basis or at all; our ability to achieve sustained sales and profitable operating margins at new stores; the availability of financing to pursue our new store openings on satisfactory terms or at all; our ability to compete effectively with other retailers; our ability to maintain price competitiveness; the geographic concentration of our stores; our ability to maintain or improve our operating margins; our history of net losses; ordering errors or product supply disruptions in the delivery of perishable products; restrictions on our use of the Fairway name other than on the East Coast and in California and certain parts of Michigan and Ohio; our ability to retain and attract senior management, key employees and qualified store-level employees; rising costs of providing employee benefits, including increased healthcare costs and pension contributions due to unfunded pension liabilities; our ability to satisfy our ongoing capital needs and unanticipated cash requirements; and other risk factors detailed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), and available at the SEC's website at www.sec.gov, You are urged to consider these factors carefully in evaluating the forward-looking statements herein and are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. The forward-looking statements made herein speak only as of the date of this press release and the company undertakes no obligation to publicly update such forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
SOURCE Fairway Market