Fall Plus Kids Equals Back to School
The Maids® offers tips for keeping your home clean in a crunch
OMAHA, Neb., Aug. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Can you hear the sound of the school bell ringing? Its toll will soon resound throughout neighborhoods everywhere and your daily routine will find itself longing for that first vacation break. If this summer's activities did not derail your housekeeping efforts, the coming months are sure to cause some time constraints. In between darting from football practice to gymnastics, make the grade using these quick cleaning tips from The Maids
Thirty seconds is longer than you think. In the amount of time it takes to prep a bowl of cereal for the kids, you can easily maintain trouble spots or reduce pesky clutter:
- Prevent soap scum buildup in your shower with a few quick squirts of daily shower spray.
- Swipe the bathroom counter with a disinfectant wipe, clearing it of hairspray, toothpaste and soap scum.
- Shake out entryway rugs to rid them of excess dirt and minimize traipsing it throughout your home.
While the kids are using their two minutes to brush their teeth, you can:
- Gather stray clutter into a laundry basket. Just be sure to put everything in its proper place at a later time.
- Sweep high-traffic areas, like the entryway or bathroom floor.
- Spritz the bathroom mirror with glass cleaner and wipe dry with a microfiber cloth.
- And at the expense of sounding like your mother, make your bed.
Are you lucky enough to have won a time windfall? Use your five minutes wisely:
- Start a load of laundry.
- Wash the bathroom floor. Clean-up is simple if you have already swept it during your two-minute hiatus.
- Wipe down kitchen countertops. You don't want harmful germs finding their way into your food preparations.
- Sort through your pile of mail and toss the junk. Remember to shred and recycle!
Busy lifestyles necessitate taking small, time-efficient steps when it comes to maintaining an orderly and clean house. If you need an extra hand, call The Maids and experience the healthiest, most thorough housecleaning in the industry.
About The Maids:
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. The Maids enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice.
SOURCE The Maids
More by this Source
Win free housecleaning from The Maids and make 2014 a "Happy You Year"
Dec 03, 2013, 08:09 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.