Families Can Find Their Perfect Beach in South Walton this Summer
SOUTH WALTON, Fla., May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer is the quintessential beach season and there's no better time to experience South Walton's 15 beach neighborhoods along Northwest Florida's coast. In addition to relaxing on the destination's beaches, travelers can enjoy fun summer events and entertainment, from music festivals to a world-renowned display of digital artwork. South Walton's summery festivities include:
- A Home Tour of Coastal Living's Ultimate Beach House – The South Walton neighborhood of Rosemary Beach was the inspiration behind Coastal Living's annual Ultimate Designer Beach House, which will be featured in its October 2012 issue. Visitors to South Walton have a unique opportunity for a sneak-peak at the home, June 29 through October 6.
- Digital Graffiti – South Walton is home to the world's first projection art festival and for a fifth year, digital artists from all over the world will converge in Alys Beach on June 8 and 9. The festival invites artists to project their digital artwork onto Alys Beach's iconic all-white walls. Digital Graffiti attracts artists, interactive designers, celebrities and fans of the arts to explore the unique interaction of design, technology and architecture.
- Third Annual Sandestin Music Festival – This featured event highlights some of country and rock's most acclaimed songwriters and performers, including Jeffrey Steele, Thomas Rhett, Lari White, James Slater, Kree Harrison, Jon Pardi, The Pernikoff Brothers and Joanna Cotton. Entry to the festival, which takes place at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort August 12-13, is free and open to the public with a ticket printed from the festival website.
- Sandestin Triathlon – Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is also home to a summer triathlon. The 26th annual race will lure 700 participants to South Walton for a half-mile swim, a 20-mile bike ride along the coast and a four-mile run. The race takes place August 18 and all proceeds will benefit the Sacred Heart Hospital of the Emerald Coast.
- Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic – This popular event returns to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort June 20 through 24. Ranked as one of the Top 10 Big Money tournaments in the world, this is one of the fastest growing billfishing tournaments on Florida's Gulf Coast. The event features live entertainment and family-friendly activities all weekend long.
For more summer event information, view the expanded news release.
SOURCE Visit South Walton
More by this Source
South Walton Celebrates a Season of Events
Sep 18, 2013, 16:28 ET
Celebrity Chef Emeril Lagasse Highlights Dining in South Walton, Florida
Aug 29, 2013, 14:11 ET
What's New In South Walton In 2014
Dec 20, 2013, 08:15 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.