FamilyFun Magazine Announces New Toy Award Program: Top 20 Playthings to be Named "Toy Fair Favorites" Editors select top picks for creativity, fun-factor, and more
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- FamilyFun magazine, part of Meredith Corporation's Parents Network, announced today that it has launched a new toy awards program, named "FamilyFun Toy Fair Favorites." Inspired by the new and innovative toys that are displayed this year at the 111th annual American International Toy Fair®, FamilyFun magazine's editorial team has chosen their twenty favorites. Editors looked at hundreds of new products, including action figures and dolls, games and puzzles, construction toys, creative and art-based activities, earth-friendly products, and active toys. Winners were selected based on their creativity, trend-setting potential, value, and fun-factor.
"We see so many unique and fun toys at Toy Fair each year. We wanted a way to share our top picks with our FamilyFun readers. The new toy award program will be an annual selection process each February from the Toy Fair show floor," says Ann Hallock, Editor-in-chief, FamilyFun.
"This year, we saw lots of new toys which emphasize STEM—Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math—education. Robots, like WowWee's Tipster, are everywhere at Toy Fair along with fun science kits like Sick Science! from Be Amazing Toys that will 'wow' kids and their friends. Even younger kids are getting a taste of engineering with Ludos from Digital Dream Labs, which teaches programming using electronic blocks," says Ellen Harter Wall, Senior Associate Editor and FamilyFun's toy editor.
Top 20 FamilyFun Toy Fair Favorites for 2014:
- Juniors from Lego; Ages 4 to 6; $12.99 to $49.99
- DohVinci from Hasbro; Ages 6 and up; $3.99 to $19.99
- Tipster from WowWee; Ages 5 to 10; $49
- Disney Magical World from Nintendo; Ages 7 and up; $29.99
- It's My Biz from Fashion Angels; Ages 6 and up. $19 to $34
- Fire-Blastin' Dusty from Mattel; Ages 5 and up; $49.99
- Wind-Up Walking Dinosaurs from University Games; Ages 6 and up; $9.99
- Fairy Queen's Ship from Playmobil; Ages 4 to 10; $38.99
- Hello Kitty Cupcake Cafe from Cartwheel Kids; Ages 3 to 8; $80
- Sushi Go from Gamewright; Ages 8 and up; $12
- Crayola Virtual Design Pro Collection from Crayola; Ages 6 and up; $39.99
- Make Your Own Washi Tape Stickers from Klutz; Ages 8 and up; $16.99
- ATC Chameleon Dual Lens Camera from Oregon Scientific; Ages 8 and up; $79.99
- Kuties Scooter from Razor Jr.; Ages 3 to 6; $44
- Mess Eaters from P'Kolino; Ages 3 to 10; $12.99 to $40
- Hand Sign Alphabet from Plan Toys; Ages 3 to 6; $30
- Ludos from Digital Dream Labs; Ages 5 to 10; $119
- Sick Science! from Be Amazing Toys; Ages 6 and up; $10 to $20
- Lazer Pitch Baseball from Diggin' Active; Ages 5 and up; $49.99
- FurEver Families from Mega Brands; Ages 4 and up; $4.99 to $29.99
About FamilyFun Magazine
Reaching an audience of more than 4 million, FamilyFun magazine gives parents ideas and inspiration needed to create unforgettable family moments. Part of Meredith Corporation's Parents Network of brands, FamilyFun is a trusted expert on family cooking, vacations, celebrations, play, creative projects and learning — the full spectrum of fun that enriches the precious time families share. Written for parents with children 3 to 12, FamilyFun is unique in the marketplace, delivering real ideas for — and from — real families.
SOURCE FamilyFun Magazine