FANDANGO REIMAGINES ITS #1 MOVIE TICKETING APP ON iOS 7
The App's Sleek Full-Screen Design Showcases Rich Video and Deep Content for Enhanced Movie Discovery -- Plus New Location-Based Features For Even Faster Ticketing at Fandango's Network of 22,000 Screens
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, announced today that its customers using iPhone, iPad or iPod touch can now enjoy a richer movie discovery experience and faster ticketing with the new Fandango app on iOS 7. Consistently among the top 10 free entertainment apps in the App store, Fandango's award-winning moviegoing app has been downloaded more than 38 million times across various platforms. The new Fandango app for iOS 7 is available for free on the App Store.
"We are proud of our new app for iOS 7 and expect it to be popular with film fans on the go," says Fandango President Paul Yanover. "We have experienced huge growth in mobile adoption with mobile ticket sales increasing 63 percent year-over-year and now accounting for more than 40 percent of our total ticket sales. We are also experiencing an 18 percent month-over-month increase in video views across our mobile platforms."
Elegant, simple and intuitive, the new Fandango app takes full advantage of iOS 7's benefits and design aesthetics. In addition to the full-screen design, Fandango's other new features on iOS 7 include:
- Virtual marquee of today's top films, featuring showtimes at favorite or nearby theaters and direct access to movie ticketing;
- Showtime Countdown: after purchasing tickets on Fandango, moviegoers will be presented with a front-and-center visual reminder counting down the minutes to showtime;
- Instant access to top movie trailers, celebrity interviews and Fandango's original movie recommendation video series, "Weekend Ticket," from the app's front page;
- New predictive search, making it easier to look up movies, theaters, movie stars and filmmakers;
- Movie genre filter sorted by family, comedy, action, drama and horror films;
- Exclusive video galleries, special offers and sweepstakes that are unique to mobile;
- "Go Now" feature offering one-tap access to movies playing at nearby theaters.
The Fandango app enables moviegoers to rate and review movies directly from the app and share their opinions with other Fandango users via Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Moviegoers can also easily access saved credit cards, purchase history, ticket details, theater loyalty cards, and their Favorite Theaters and My Movies each time they sign in to their Fandango account.
The new Fandango App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com/Fandango.
Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination and an NBCUniversal company, sells tickets to more than 22,000 screens nationwide. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary, celebrity interviews and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. For many theaters, fans can print their tickets at home or receive them as a paperless Mobile Ticket on their smartphones. Fandango's top-ranking movie ticketing apps, with 38 million downloads, are available on the iPhone and iPad, Android, and many other platforms. Fandango is enjoyed by more than 30 million online and mobile visitors each month, according to comScore. Film fans also find Fandango on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fandango and on Twitter @Fandango.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.