WASHINGTON, Feb. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Farm Bureau Federation is encouraging farmers and ranchers to complete a short online survey about 10 Agriculture Department programs. All farmers – whether they are long-time food producers or just beginning their careers – are encouraged to complete the survey.
"If you have ever found it confusing or complex to apply for USDA programs, this is your opportunity to provide feedback on how to improve the process," said AFBF President Zippy Duvall. "We know USDA staff are concerned that farmers and ranchers who could benefit from agency programs frequently do not apply," he added. "Our goal is to help turn that around."
AFBF will use feedback from the survey to develop recommendations on how USDA can enhance its programs and make them more useful.
The survey focuses on the following programs housed in three USDA agencies – Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, and Rural Development:
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program;
- Conservation Stewardship Program;
- Conservation Reserve Program;
- Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program;
- Value Added Producer Grants;
- Rural Energy for America Program;
- Farmers Market and Local Food Promotion Program;
- Direct Farm Ownership Loans;
- Direct Farm Operating Loans; and
- Guaranteed Farm Loans (farm operating and farm ownership).
Membership in Farm Bureau is not required for the survey, which takes fewer than 10 minutes to complete.
Take the survey online through March 15 at http://usdaprograms.questionpro.com/.
SOURCE American Farm Bureau Federation