The winning teachers are:
- Mrs. Paula Hase of Wausau East High School in Wausau, Wisconsin; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Mark Larson
- Mrs. Kristen Swaggart of Pendleton High School in Pendleton, Oregon; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Craig Christenson
- Mr. Seth Brady of Naperville Central High School in Naperville, Illinois; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Mary Wlodarsk
- Mrs. Cheryl Burchett of Beaumont Magnet Academy in Knoxville, Tennessee; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Shannon McCullock
- Mrs. Melissa Toohey of KIPP Ignite Academy in Los Angeles, California; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Michael Ruiz
- Mr. Rob Webb of Pequea Valley High School in Kinzers, Pennsylvania; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Trudy Grove
"It was an honor to surprise these deserving educators with the funds to make their dreams a reality and witness the excitement of the students and members of the community," said Kelly Weiser, managing lead of Thank America's Teachers for Farmers Insurance. "Their stories truly inspired us and the public who voted for their proposals, and we know that the grants will help promote endless opportunities for current and future students."
Through Thank America's Teachers, Farmers® has given away more than $1,000,000 to educators in 2016 and the public helps determine who receives the grants at www.ThankAmericasTeachers.com. Farmers awards 180 grants valued at $2,500 throughout the year, in addition to the six $100,000 Dream Big Teacher Challenge grants. Farmers will start accepting $100,000 and $2,500 proposals for the 2017 contest in mid-January.
About Farmers Insurance
"Farmers Insurance®" and "Farmers®" are tradenames for a group of affiliated insurers providing insurance for automobiles, homes and small businesses and a wide range of other insurance and financial services and products. Farmers Insurance is proud to serve more than 10 million households with over 19 million individual policies, across all 50 states, through the efforts of more than 48,000 exclusive and independent agents and approximately 21,000 employees. Farmers Insurance Exchange®, the largest of the three primary insurance insurers that make up Farmers Insurance, is recognized as one of the largest U.S. companies on the 2016 Fortune 500 list.
For more information about Farmers Insurance, visit Farmers.com, Twitter and Instagram, @WeAreFarmers, or Facebook.com/FarmersInsurance.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161208/447298LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/farmers-insurance-surprises-six-teachers-across-the-country-with-100000-grants-from-thank-americas-teachers-program-300375644.html
SOURCE Farmers Insurance