MALVERN, Pa., Aug. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced the new RICOH MP C6502/MP C8002 series of color multifunction products (MFPs) with significant enhancements in image quality, media handling, document finishing and support for advanced workflows. Adding the optional Ricoh Integrated Cloud Environment (ICE) solution transforms the MFP into a true information portal, connecting users to the cloud via smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, giving them the power to print and share information while discovering the value of customized convenience.
The RICOH MP C6502/MP C8002, ranging from 65-80 pages per minute, enhances performance and productivity with high-impact, high-volume features, including:
- Unprecedented image quality with resolutions up to 1200 x 4800 dpi utilizing Ricoh's proven Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) technology that emits 40 laser beams simultaneously, delivering precise front-to-back registration to ensure consistent image quality.
- Wider range of media support for weights up to 300 gsm/110 lb. cover and up to 13" x 19.2" sized paper (SRA3+) enabling users to print crop marks for edge-to-edge, "full-bleed" graphics.
- New "Direct Drawer" paper path for quick and easy access, and progressive synchronized jam animation to accelerate system recovery in the event of a jam.
- New PXP®-EQ toner that expands printable color space, while melting at lower temperatures to use less energy and minimize operating costs.
- Java-based platforms that easily integrate third-party solutions, supporting advanced capture, device management, security, mobile printing, cost recovery and document management.
"High-volume offices and departments with growing color printing needs demand imaging technology that helps keep printing jobs in house," said Jason Dizzine, Vice President, Technology Marketing, Ricoh Americas Corporation. "The RICOH MP C6502/MP C8002 sets a new standard for ease of use and performance in an office MFP with innovative features that streamline complex workflows while providing more stable and consistent image quality."
Work outside the box
Mobile users can stay easily connected to their work by utilizing the new Web Browser option with the optional Ricoh ICE. This innovative platform enables users to access a range of cloud services that support scanning, document storage, mobile printing, as well as collaboration. In addition, the RICOH MP C6502/MP C8002 series also provides powerful Optical Character Recognition (OCR) as a new embedded option with support for an industry-leading 14 languages that turns scanned documents into searchable PDFs for advanced indexing and retrieval.
Finish in brilliant color
Maintaining high-quality image and color control on the RICOH MP C6502/MP C8002 is simple with the new Fiery® E-22B Print Controller. This new Fiery option provides users with greater management and control for more complex color workflows that require fast and accurate image processing. Along with multiple finishing options, including newly designed flat-fold booklet finishing, the RICOH MP C6502/MP C8002 ensures color projects achieve professional-grade results.
For details on Ricoh's full line of products, services and solutions, please visit www.ricoh-usa.com.
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2013, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,924 billion yen (approx. 20 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change., Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/.
© 2013 Ricoh Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Ricoh Americas Corporation
SOURCE Ricoh Americas Corporation