AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Aug. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Dodge brand partnership with Atlantic Records/"Furious 7: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" music videos shatters summer viewing records with "See You Again" video (Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth), including Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger Hellcat, Dodge Dart and Dodge Viper with more than 860,500,000 official YouTube views and growing
- Under its partnerships with Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group and Sony Music, and their respective labels/divisions, FCA US has collaborated with the music world's biggest recording stars across genres to organically feature vehicles in music videos
- Recent collaborations include Chrysler brand and the official red band trailer with introduction from Dr. Dre and Ice Cube to the current box office smash "Straight Outta Compton"
- Marketing campaigns timed with theatrical releases drive viewing through custom brand integrations
The ongoing collaboration between FCA US and New York and Hollywood's top music labels has pushed the automaker's presence in official YouTube music videos to a record 2.5 billion views and climbing. This summer served up one of its most successful partnerships – between Atlantic Records and Universal Pictures – with the official music video "See You Again" (Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth) as part of the "Furious 7: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack." The music video, which includes the Dodge brand's Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger, has surged this summer to become the top viewed video of 2015 globally, amassing more than 860,500,000 views since its debut this past April.
"We want to lead, we want to innovate – it's our culture at FCA," said Olivier Francois, Chief Marketing Officer, FCA – Global. "Music is one of the strongest ways we have to authentically align a brand with the relevance of a moment and open up a dialogue with Millennials. Our strengths rest not just in the relationships we've forged with the labels, studios and artists, but also in our agility, which enables us to quickly satisfy production timelines, and the diversity of our FCA portfolio, which allows us to place our vehicle line-up in a manner that is credible to the viewer and true to each brand. Reaching more than 2 billion views is a significant feat – it's like the viewing equivalent of 20 Super Bowls."
"See You Again" stats on YouTube:
- "See You Again" is the top viewed video of 2015 globally to date*
- Top viewed Warner Music Group video of all-time (since reporting started) globally
- More than 2.5 billion minutes watched of "See You Again" globally on YouTube
- "See You Again" shared over 4.25 million times
- "See You Again" "liked" over 6.25 million times
- "See You Again" added to playlists over 4 million times
As part of the company's powerful ties to both the music and film industries, the Chrysler brand most recently teamed up with Interscope Records for the official red band trailer with Dr. Dre and Ice Cube introduction for the current box office blockbuster "Straight Outta Compton".
Recent collaborations also include FCA US teaming up with Universal Music Group's Interscope Records and KIDinaKORNER for the X Ambassadors for the launch of the Jeep brand's all-new 2015 Jeep Renegade, in addition to Interscope Records for a one-time-only television experience during the 2014 American Music Awards (AMAs). Their single "Renegades" has been the #1 song at alternative radio for the last 11 weeks in a row. "Renegades'" rise to #1 at Alternative radio marks the quickest trip to the top for a group's first entry on the survey since Fastball flew to No. 1 (also in eight weeks) with "The Way" in 1998. The X Ambassadors's new album VHS debuted at #7 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and has already gone platinum in Canada.
Under its partnerships with Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group and Sony Music, and their respective labels/divisions, the company has collaborated with the music world's biggest recording stars across genres to organically feature vehicles in music videos, including:
- Jason Aldean (Ram brand/Broken Bow Records)
- Arianna ft. Pitbull (FIAT brand/Sony Music)
- Easton Corbin (Ram brand/UMG)
- Motley Crue (Dodge brand/Eleven Seven Music)
- Jason Derulo (Jeep brand/WMG)
- Dr. Dre - Kush ft. Snoop Dogg, Akon (Dodge brand/Interscope Records)
- Echosmith (Jeep brand/WMG)
- Eminem ft. Sia (Dodge brand/Interscope Records)
- Galantis (FIAT brand/Atlantic Records)
- Ariana Grande (FIAT brand/Republic Records)
- Inna ft. Pitbull (FIAT brand/WMG)
- Michael Jackson (Jeep brand/Epic Records)
- Carly Rae Jepsen (FIAT brand/Interscope Records)
- Miranda Lambert (Ram brand/Sony Music)
- Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend (FIAT brand/Epic Records)
- Jennifer Lopez (FIAT brand/Island Def Jam)
- Phillip Phillips (Ram brand/Interscope Records)
- Charlie Puth - Marvin Gaye ft. Meghan Trainor (FIAT brand/WMG)
- Nate Ruess (FIAT brand/Atlantic Records)
- Papa Roach (Dodge brand/Eleven Seven Music)
- Gwen Stefani (FIAT/Interscope Records)
- Shaggy ft. Melissa Musique (FIAT brand/Ranch Entertainment)
- Wale ft. Usher (FIAT brand/Atlantic Records)
- Will.i.am ft. Mick Jagger & Jennifer Lopez (Chrysler brand/Interscope Records)
- and many more
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
SOURCE FCA US LLC