AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- FCA US connected vehicle platform now based on 4G LTE technology
- All-new fourth-generation Uconnect 8.4 and 8.4 NAV systems will feature 4G LTE network connectivity
- New systems will debut in properly equipped 2017 Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger
- 4G LTE network capability enhances customer experience to maximize coverage, increase responsiveness and offer higher-speed connectivity
- Builds upon existing portfolio of award-winning Uconnect systems and connected services first introduced in FCA vehicles in 2012
FCA US vehicles continue to accelerate forward with in-vehicle technology with the debut of 4G LTE network connectivity in the all-new fourth-generation Uconnect 8.4 and 8.4 NAV systems.
4G LTE network capability for connected services will begin with model year 2017 Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger and Chrysler 300 vehicles equipped with the fourth-generation Uconnect 8.4 or 8.4 NAV system. This enhancement will provide U.S. customers with expanded and more reliable network coverage, increased in-vehicle application responsiveness, plus faster network speeds for the connected services that Uconnect has to offer.
"The advancement from 3G Network to 4G LTE network capability gives our customers a great opportunity to expand upon and explore the efficiency and convenience that our built-in connected services have to offer," said Tricia Hecker, Global Head of Connected Services. "As our Uconnect systems continue to develop new services and features, this increase of network connectivity allows our systems to evolve and progress as technology changes."
The enhancement of 4G LTE network capability builds upon the existing portfolio of award-winning Uconnect systems and built-in vehicle services. FCA first introduced Uconnect Access connected services in 2012, now with 4G LTE those same great connected services will be faster than ever.
Launched in 2003, Uconnect systems are FCA's in-vehicle connectivity centers, designed to keep consumers connected, entertained and, most importantly, focused on the road.
Each FCA vehicle comes equipped with a Uconnect system that provides drivers with a range of available communication, navigation, entertainment features and connected services, including:
- Handsfree calling or texting solutions that keep drivers productive, talking and connected
- Entertainment and audio options that include AM, FM, HD radio or satellite radio, Bluetooth streaming audio, CD Player, USB and AUX Port
- Navigation options that help provide a stress-free commute with easy access to points of interest, well-designed maps and turn-by-turn directions that are broadcast over the vehicle's audio system
An included trial of connected services also is available on properly equipped vehicles. These real-time services include a monthly vehicle health report, vehicle health alert, a smartphone app that enables owners to remotely lock, unlock or start their vehicle, locate their vehicle and more; 9-1-1 call and Assist Buttons on the rearview mirror that will connect vehicle owners to help at the push of a button.
Vehicle owners can access and control their Uconnect system's features and services by using voice recognition technology, steering wheel controls, touchscreens or traditional knobs and buttons.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands, as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-vehicles-advance-with-4g-lte-network-capability-for-connected-services-300325286.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC