CHICAGO, March 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago (Bank) is pleased to announce a recipient of its 2017 Community First Awards today at its member meeting in Madison, Wisconsin. The awards recognize outstanding achievements of the Bank's member institutions and their local partners as they work together to strengthen their communities through affordable housing and economic development initiatives. Award categories include partnership, project or program, pioneer, and emerging leader. Award winners identify a nonprofit organization to receive up to $10,000.
Salli Martyniak, President of Forward Community Investments (FCI), has received a $10,000 pioneer award. FCI works with other organizations to strengthen communities by addressing the root causes of social problems. Martyniak is credited with growing FCI from a small revolving loan fund into a well-respected statewide organization. A proud supporter of Ms. Martyniak and her work with FCI, Monona State Bank (www.mononabank.com) invests in FCI and serves on its Lending Committee.
"Salli is a consensus builder with a steadfast vision; she truly embodies the spirit of a pioneer," said Suzi Thackston, FHLBC Community Investment Officer. "We appreciate the opportunity to celebrate the lasting impact Salli, FCI, and Monona State Bank have made in Wisconsin."
"I applaud Salli's commitment to helping those in need and building stronger communities," said Paul Hoffmann, President and CEO of Monona State Bank. "It has been an honor for our bank to collaborate with Salli and FCI on their incredible work."
The Bank will announce the final 2017 Community First Award winner tomorrow at its member meeting in Green Bay. The Bank also supports the community investment activities of its members by offering:
- Forgivable grants for eligible projects through its competitive Affordable Housing Program
- Down payment and closing cost assistance through its Downpayment Plus® Programs
- Favorably priced loans and credit products through its Community Investment Cash Advances
- Lower-interest-rate, longer-term financing for community development organizations through its Community First Fund
- Grants to grow and strengthen nonprofit lenders through its new Community First Capacity-Building Grant Program
- Direct relief funding to members' communities through the Community First Disaster Relief Program
About the FHLBC
For information on the FHLBC and its range of Community Investment programs, visit www.fhlbc.com or @FHLBC. "Community First" and "Downpayment Plus" are registered trademarks of the FHLBC.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/federal-home-loan-bank-of-chicago-announces-community-first-award-winner-in-madison-wisconsin-300427807.html
SOURCE Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago