Federated Investors, Inc. Expands Operations in the U.K. - Personnel additions enhance Federated's capabilities in trade finance and emerging-market debt
PITTSBURGH, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII), one of the largest investment managers in the United States, today announced that it has expanded capabilities in trade finance and emerging-market debt with added personnel at its London office. Federated announced that three investment professionals specializing in trade-finance strategies and two specialists in emerging-market strategies have joined Federated Investors (UK) LLP. The announcement was made by John B. Fisher, president and chief executive officer of the Federated Advisory Companies.
In addition, Christopher P. McGinley, portfolio manager and senior investment analyst, will relocate to London from Federated's corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh to lead Federated's trade-finance effort in the U.K. The new personnel in London will supplement Federated's experienced trade-finance and emerging-market portfolio managers and analysts in the U.S.
"We look forward to continuing to help clients interested in opportunities for the incremental yield, low volatility, low duration and diversification benefits of the trade-finance asset class," said Fisher. "At the same time, we significantly deepen the investment team with the European analyst presence for the international fixed-income group."
Each of the trade-finance investment professionals joins Federated Investors (UK) with decades of experience in this asset class, which involves the financing of cross-border imports and exports of goods and services.
- Dalia Kay joins Federated Investors (UK) as vice president. She most recently served as trade-finance portfolio manager at GML Capital LLP, where she pioneered the firm's entry into the origination and distribution of trade-finance transactions. She was a portfolio manager for trade-finance funds managed or advised by GML, and was active both in the secondary market, purchasing investments for trade finance funds, and also in in the primary market, working closely with a network of emerging-market corporations and banks, structuring transactions and syndicating risk.
- Patrick Bayliss comes to Federated Investors (UK) as vice president. He previously was at GML, where he served as trade-finance portfolio manager since 2007. Before that, Bayliss was a portfolio manager at BlueCrest Capital Management. He also worked at Deutsche Bank, managing emerging-market trade-finance assets, and LTP Trade, where he was founder and director. Bayliss began his career at Saudi International Bank, where he was a fund manager.
- Antriksh "Robbie" Gautam, a former GML trade-finance investment professional, will serve as a consultant to Federated, focusing his efforts on structured finance and underwriting. Before joining GML in 2009, Robbie provided risk-management services to GE Capital in the U.S., India and the U.K.—where he gained significant experience in structured finance, underwriting and portfolio management across American and European markets. Before that, he worked for Alstom India in corporate finance and strategy.
"Since 2009, GML has collaborated with Federated to invest in trade-finance transactions," said Stefan Pinter, chief executive officer of GML Capital. "As Federated builds out its in-house investment management team, GML will continue to originate, distribute and invest in trade-finance transactions, as it has since 1991, and manage and advise trade-finance investment funds, as it has since 1996."
The emerging-market investment professionals joining the Federated Investors (UK) also bring decades of emerging-market experience.
- Mohammed Elmi joins Federated Investors (UK) as vice president. He previously served as emerging-market credit strategist at Societe Generale Hambros Bank, and before that, emerging-market credit analyst at Credit Suisse, both in London. He also has served as fixed-income investment manager at Mashreq Capital in Dubai, UAE.
- Alex Kuznetsov comes to Federated Investors (UK) as vice president. He was previously an investment consultant for Rushydro, an energy utility company based in London and Moscow. He also served as director of research and strategy at Royal Bank of Scotland; vice president of Europe, Middle East and Africa emerging-market research at ING; and vice president of global equity research at Bear Stearns/JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Federated Investors, Inc. is one of the largest investment managers in the United States, managing $363.8 billion in assets as of June 30, 2013. With 135 funds, including a family of Irish-domiciled UCITS products, as well as a variety of separately managed account options, Federated provides comprehensive investment management worldwide to approximately 5,700 institutions and intermediaries including corporations, government entities, insurance companies, foundations and endowments, banks and broker/dealers. For more information, visit http://FederatedInvestors.com.
SOURCE Federated Investors, Inc.