AUSTIN, Texas, June 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Flags, fireworks and brisket – there isn't anything more American than barbecue. Whether it's a Fourth of July feast for just the family or the whole neighborhood, a brisket is the perfect way to bring everyone together for a day of celebrating the red, white and blue.
"A lot of people are intimidated by the big meats but, with a few easy steps and a little time and patience, everyone can make an incredible brisket," said Rocky Stubblefield, grandson of C.B. "Stubb" Stubblefield. "I grew up around my grandfather's barbecue in Lubbock, Texas, and the Fourth of July always meant tons of family – and tons of brisket. Not just hot dogs and hamburgers for us, it was sliced brisket and brisket sandwiches."
Try Rocky's brisket recipe and follow his tips for making the best brisket on the block, then serve sliced with sauce, or as tacos, sliders or even brisket nachos.
Rocky's Brisket Tips
- Get a good crust: One of the most delicious parts of a brisket is the flavor crust. Make sure to rub the entire brisket generously with Stubb's Beef or Bar-B-Q Spice Rub 15-20 minutes before the meat goes on the grill or in the smoker.
- Fat side up: Whether using a smoker or a charcoal grill, place the brisket fat-side up so that the fat drips down into the meat and keeps it moist.
- Slicing is important: Make sure to cut against or across the grain of the brisket for tender slices. Not sure where the grain is? It's easier to see on the raw meat before it's rubbed, so cut a notch when prepping to help guide once it's cooked.
- Add the sauce: As we say in Texas – it's not done 'til you add the sauce! Serve on the side for dipping or drizzle it over the top.
One Brisket Three Ways
- Brisket Walking Nachos – Swap corn chips for waffle chips and let guests customize with sharp Cheddar cheese, refreshing pico de gallo and creamy guacamole. Drizzle with Stubb's Original Bar-B-Q Sauce.
- Bar-B-Q Brisket Sliders – Upgrade from basic hamburgers. These sliders are loaded with flavor, from the tender brisket to the crispy onion straws and pickles.
- Brisket Tacos with Roasted Corn Avocado Salsa – Brisket pairs perfectly with a tangy roasted corn and avocado salsa. Serve with flour or corn tortillas.
Just like when Stubb first sold his homemade sauce in whiskey bottles stopped with serrano peppers, Stubb's Legendary Bar-B-Q sauces, rubs and marinades get their flavor from ingredients like tomatoes, peppers, spices and molasses, and never high fructose corn syrup. It's the authentic sauce for a Fourth of July barbecue.
Note to media: for high-res brisket step-by-step and recipe images, click here.
About Stubb's Legendary Bar-B-Q
Stubb's Legendary Bar-B-Q, the country's No. 1 premium Bar-B-Q brand of sauces, marinades, smokes and spice rubs, started in Lubbock, Texas, in 1968 when C.B. "Stubb" Stubblefield opened his first restaurant. Today, Austin-based Stubb's continues to take inspiration from his original recipes and strict quality standards to create authentic, certified gluten-free sauces, rubs and marinades, and every bottle is still made with Stubb's secret ingredient, "Love and Happiness." Stubb's sauces have won top taste test honors from Cooking Light, Woman's Day, Redbook and more. For more information, go to www.stubbsbbq.com or connect with Stubb's on Facebook at www.facebook.com/stubbsbbqsauce or @stubbsbbqsauce on Twitter.
Stubb's is one of McCormick & Company's (MKC) portfolio brands. As a global leader in flavor, McCormick has built a portfolio of leading flavor brands that enhance people's enjoyment of food all around the world. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings The Joy of Flavor to Life™.
Stubb's Legendary Bar-B-Q
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/feed-a-crowd-this-fourth-of-july-with-authentic-texas-brisket-300471022.html
SOURCE Stubb's Legendary Bar-B-Q