NEW YORK, Sept. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The fertilizer additives market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.6% from 2016, to reach USD 2.91 billion by 2021.
The market is driven by factors such as the increasing demand for fertilizers due to the increase in pressure on global food production and development in fertilizer manufacturing technologies. The high growth potential in emerging markets and untapped regions provide new growth opportunities for the players in the fertilizer additives market.
"Anticaking segment to dominate the fertilizer additives market"
Most fertilizers have a tendency to form lumps or agglomerates (caking) during storage. The severity of caking can be influenced by a number of factors, such as chemical composition, moisture content, particle structure, mechanical strength, hygroscopic properties, product temperature, ambient conditions, storage time, and storage pressure. Since most fertilizers are in granular, prilled, and powdered form, the anticaking agent segment dominated the market in 2015, and is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
"Urea segment accounted for the largest share in 2015"
The fertilizer additives market by application has been segmented into urea, ammonium nitrate, diammonium phosphate, monoammonium phosphate, ammonium sulfate, triple super phosphate, and others (potassium chloride and potassium sulphate). Urea is the most commonly used nitrogen fertilizer. The high nitrogen content per unit material, lower cost, ease of storage, along with solid and liquid formulation options make it a popular choice for farmers.
"Asia-Pacific region to account for maximum shares of the global fertilizer additives market"
On the basis of region, the fertilizer additives market is segmented in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Rest of the World, which includes the Middle Eastern and African countries. The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global fertilizer additives market in 2015, and this trend is projected to continue till 2021. The main factors driving the fertilizer additives market in this region are advancement in fertilizer production technologies, increased demand for fertilizers, and presence of fertilizer manufacturing units in this region.
Break-up of primaries, by the following:
- By Company Type : Tier 1 - 55%, Tier 2 - 20%, and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation: C level - 56%, Director level - 24%, and Others - 20%
- By Region: North America - 25%, Europe - 18%, Asia-Pacific - 36%, and RoW - 21%
Major players include the following:
- Clairant (Switzerland)
- KAO Corporation (Japan)
- Novochem Group (Netherlands)
- ArrMaz (U.S.)
Other players, who also have a strong presence in this market, include the following:
- Filtra Catalysts & Chemicals Ltd. (India)
- Amit Trading LTD. (Israel)
- Chemipol (Spain)
- Forbon Technology (China)
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- To define, segment, and measure the fertilizer additives market based on function, application, form, and region
- To provide detailed information regarding the crucial factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges)
- To strategically analyze the micromarkets1 with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and contribution to the total fertilizer additives market
- To analyze opportunities in the market for stakeholders and details of the competitive landscape for market leaders
- To project the size of the market, in terms of value (USD million) and volume (KT) in the five main regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Rest of the World (RoW)
- To project the market size, in terms of value (USD million), on the basis of key fertilizer additives functions (anticaking agent, dedusting agent, antifoam agent, hydrophobic agent, corrosion inhibitors, and others), application (urea, ammonium nitrate, diammonium phosphate, monoammonium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, triple super phosphate, and others), and form (prills, granules, and powder)
- To analyze opportunities in the fertilizer additives market for stakeholders and study the details of a competitive landscape, to be provided to the key market leaders
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market share and core competencies2
- To analyze competitive developments such as new product launches, acquisitions, investments, expansions, partnerships, agreements, joint ventures, and collaborations in the fertilizer additives market
The stakeholders in the market include the following:
- Fertilizer/fertilizer additives manufacturers
- Research institutions
- Fertilizer additives distributors and traders
- Raw material suppliers
- Fertilizer additives wholesalers
- Government bodies
- Agricultural institutions
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04138220-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fertilizer-additives-market-urea-segment-held-the-largest-share-in-2015-300327394.html