Fiberlink Unveils MaaS360 Secure Productivity Suite™ for Dual Persona Solution delivers a Trusted WorkPlace container to separate personal and enterprise data in the BYOD era
PHILADELPHIA, April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fiberlink®, the leader in cloud-based enterprise mobility management (EMM), today announced significant innovations to its MaaS360 platform. MaaS360 Secure Productivity Suite allows companies to tap into the transformative business value of mobile apps by allowing employees to securely access a rich set of corporate data while preserving the user experience on their personal devices.
MaaS360 Secure Productivity Suite is a complete mobile security and productivity solution that provides deeper levels of policy management and strong data protection for the enterprise. Through a Trusted WorkPlace environment on smartphones and tablets, MaaS360 delivers a dual persona approach to separate corporate and personal information on the same device. From a single, unified platform, IT teams can now implement a flexible range of mobile security options across different categories of users, devices, content, and apps, all within the context of their business.
"Boosting productivity and mitigating risks are top priorities for our customers. The daily dose for IT today is providing secure access to corporate email, apps, and documents on mobile devices they do not own," said Christopher Clark, president and COO, Fiberlink. "As mobile strategies evolve to focus on protecting sensitive data and solving privacy issues on personal devices, containerization is a natural complement to our MaaS360 mobile device management capabilities."
MaaS360 Secure Productivity Suite overcomes several significant customer concerns often missed by other solutions in the market. With MaaS360, businesses can leverage existing infrastructure investments, without having to install and manage new on-site appliances that intercept all company email. This approach delivers the fastest time to trust, while eliminating scaling issues and the risk of email outages that can impact employee productivity. Further, MaaS360 provides comprehensive data leak prevention (DLP) features to control the movement of both email attachments and text, as well as offline security. Solutions that only provide email attachment protection are only solving half of the problem.
Delivered with the simplicity and safety of the MaaS360 platform, the Secure Productivity Suite is available across both iOS and Android devices, and includes the following products:
MaaS360 Secure Mail
A secure office productivity app with email, calendar, and contacts:
- Controls emails and attachments to prevent data leakage
- Conducts online and offline compliance checks prior to accessing email
- Includes FIPS 140-2 compliant, AES-256 encryption
- Restricts forwarding, moving data to other applications, and screen captures
- Provides authentication, cut and paste restrictions, and view-only mode
- Allows users to store attachments, make revisions and send documents
MaaS360 Application Security
A mobile application container with fully operational and security management:
- Enables authentication, authorization, and device compliance checks
- Provides DLP, such as preventing cut and paste, and limiting backups
- Delivers real-time alerting of compliance violations and automated enforcement actions
- Integrates through an easy-to-use app wrapper or SDK
- Secures access to corporate data through an app-level VPN
MaaS360 Secure Document Sharing
An extension of the MaaS360 Doc Catalog into a fully integrated and protected suite of office productivity tools with expanded user support to edit content:
- Allows users to securely view, create, and edit content
- Supports multiple file formats such as Office, iWork, PDF, audio, and video
- Allows users to add, synchronize, and remove documents
- Works with MaaS360 Secure Mail for access to attachments
- Provides secure access to corporate file shares such as SharePoint
- Includes DLP controls to protect documents from unauthorized distribution
MaaS360 Secure Browser
A fully-functional web browser to enforce compliance and control access to content:
- Defines URL filters and security policies based on categories
- Blocks known malicious websites using a scanning engine and reputation database
- Provides detailed reporting of policy violations with audit trails
- Restricts cookies, downloads, copy, paste, and print features to prevent data leaks
- Allows access to data on corporate intranet sites
- Disables native and third-party Web browsers through app policy or blacklisting
MaaS360 by Fiberlink simplifies mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), and secure document sharing in the BYOD era. Trusted by businesses large and small, universities and government agencies worldwide, MaaS360 enables mobile policies that boost productivity, protect employee privacy, and secure sensitive data across smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Built on a highly scalable, cloud platform, MaaS360's on-demand mobility management can be deployed in minutes and seamlessly integrates with existing infrastructure, extending enterprise systems to a mobile environment. Backed by 20 years of experience and the most responsive customer service in the industry, MaaS360 helps organizations transform business operations and reduce the costs of supporting the expanding mobile workforce. To learn more and get started, visit http://www.maas360.com
© 2013 MaaS360 and the MaaS360 logo are trademarks of Fiberlink Communications and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. All other brand names are trademarks of their respective partners.