Ho is referring to Amazon's recent tax filing, which reflected subscription revenue of $6.4 billion. Through a Field Agent mobile survey, the company uncovered several key characteristics and behaviors of Prime members:
How much members spent over the past 6 months
- Prime members reported spending a total of $678 on 32 different purchases, or $21.19 per purchase, over the last six-month period
How many Prime members are monthly subscribers
- 11% in our survey identified themselves as monthly subscribers, paying $10.99 per month
Who members share their accounts with
- Only 29% identified themselves as the sole user of their Prime account
- 56% share accounts with spouses/significant others in their household
- 17% share their Prime accounts with other households altogether
What product categories most resonate with Prime members
- 78% made electronics purchases in the past 6 months
- 54% made purchases of home goods
- 33% purchased food and/or beverages from Amazon
"Developing a deeper understanding of what a typical Prime shopper thinks and actually does is 'prime' for our clients," said Ho. "It's our goal at Field Agent to provide clients with insights that help them better serve their shoppers and win in the rapidly changing e-commerce and omnichannel marketplace."
The full results from the study can be viewed on the Field Agent blog.
About the Study: 587 respondents were asked various questions about their Amazon purchase history from the past 6 months. Field Agent verified respondents were actual Prime customers with active memberships by requiring them to submit a photo of their membership status. Respondents were also instructed to submit screenshots/photos of their Amazon purchase history from the preceding 6 months.
About Field Agent: Awarded 2016 "Mobile Research Agency of the Year" by MRMW, Field Agent leverages its global network of nearly one million app users to connect businesses with fast, reliable information. Visit the Field Agent blog, named by Feedspot as one of the top 10 market research blogs on the planet, for more information on location-based mobile research and audits.
Follow Field Agent on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up-to-date with current projects and research materials.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/field-agent-releases-snapshot-of-the-typical-amazon-prime-member-300413004.html
SOURCE Field Agent