EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J., March 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Gold Medal Service, a BBB A+ rated heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical service company servicing more than 125,000 homeowners throughout New Jersey, offers tips for relieving allergy symptoms this season by improving your home's indoor air quality.
With warmer spring air moving in, New Jersey families want to spend more time outside or have their windows open, but that can cause increased irritability for those with allergies. Air pollution triggering seasonal allergies does not only exist outdoors. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), your exposure to air pollutants can be up to 100 times higher indoors than outside.
"Allergies can be difficult to deal with, but are manageable if you take steps to keep your home clean and healthy," said Mike Agugliaro, co-owner of Gold Medal Service. "Our service experts have the tools to help improve indoor air quality and ensure that you keep your allergy symptoms under control."
The experts at Gold Medal Service offer New Jersey homeowners these tips to improve indoor air quality and fight off spring allergies:
- Weekly wipe down – one simple way to limit the allergens in a home is to take time each week to clean the home's hard surfaces (tables, counters, shelves, floors) with a damp cloth. Cleaning carpets using a vacuum with a HEPA filter will also help improve the home's air quality.
- Keep humidity low – common allergens like dust mites and mold love moist environments. Keeping your indoor humidity around 40 percent will help keep these allergens at bay. If you need help controlling humidity, whole-home dehumidifiers are the most effective way to maintain the ideal humidity in the home. A professional can help you select the correct unit for your specific dehumidification needs.
- Use your air conditioner – air conditioning systems actually help reduce the pollen count inside the home. Before the temperature and pollen count starts to rise, it's wise to have your AC unit checked by a licensed professional to ensure everything is working properly following the fall and winter season.
- Swap air filters – changing air filters regularly is an inexpensive and quick way to help improve your indoor air quality. During times when you're using your heat or AC 24/7, the professionals at Gold Medal Service suggest changing your filters once a month to keep air flowing well and limit allergens.
- Consider an air purification system – if you try the above tips and allergies and asthma symptoms are still an issue at home, a whole-home air purification system can help. These systems are incorporated into a home's HVAC unit and virtually eliminate the allergens and toxins in the home.
For New Jersey residents who suffer from seasonal allergies, an HVAC professional can assess the air quality inside the home and help homeowners ensure their family is breathing clean, healthy air all the time.
For more information about improving your home with an air quality check from the BBB A+ rated Gold Medal Service, visit www.goldmedalservice.com.
About Gold Medal Service
Gold Medal Service was founded in by two New Jersey natives in 1994. Their vision was to provide homeowners with a reliable and trustworthy home service company customers could count on to fix just about anything that could go wrong in a home. Since then Gold Medal has grown to include more than 170 employees and experts solving plumbing, heating, cooling, electric, drain, sewer and waterproofing issues for homeowners across the state of New Jersey. Gold Medal Service is a Dave Lennox Award recipient, exclusive to the top 25 Lennox Premier Dealers throughout the Unites States and Canada. For more information, call 800-576-GOLD or visit www.goldmedalservice.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fight-seasonal-allergies-with-tips-from-gold-medal-service-300243727.html
SOURCE Gold Medal Service