SUBA, Fiji, Sept. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Fijian Government has embarked on a targeted program of improving service delivery to all citizens, utilizing technology and implement e-government are key strategies for these improved services.
The Information Technology and Computing Services ('ITC Services') is responsible for ensuring the delivery of applications to meet Ministry needs, particularly with regard to the improved service delivery envisioned through technology and e-government along with the overall implementation and maintenance of the Government's IT network, infrastructure and IT Policy.
The ITC Steering Committee has overall responsibility for the achievement of results through technology and e-government. A suitably motivated, energetic, qualified and experienced person for the key position of GENERAL MANAGER FOR ITC SERVICES is sought to manage the IT Service delivery for Government.
An attractive, market driven salary package is available for the successful applicant.
Role of General Manager ITC Services
The General Manager ITC Services will be an active, strategic driver for improvements in ICT services, providing vision and leadership, in the transformation of the Centre and its services to ensure that:
- best practice Information, Communications and Technology ('ICT') services are developed, implemented and maintained;
- Government's investment in ITC Services are protected;
- Government's network infrastructure is expanded to Government ministries and departments; and
- technology becomes the pillar to drive efficiency and productivity and thereby improved service delivery to all Fijian citizens.
The responsibilities of the General Manager ITC Services include but are not limited to the following:
- Implementation of the Government Technology Roadmap Blueprint, including the appropriate project management of ongoing software development, implementation and monitoring;
- Improve efficiency of government service delivery through innovation, ICT initiatives, and coordination of procurement, evaluation, deployment, and management of current legacy systems and new ICT systems across the whole of Government;
- Review, enhance and develop initiatives, policies and procedures for the management of ITC Services to comply with international best industry practices;
- Undertake Strategic and Operational Planning and associated budgeting for the whole of Government development of ITC Services;
- Ensure continuous and specialist ICT training for staff in order to develop and maintain professional and technical competence at all levels, right size the operations and build internal capacity;
- Monitor and ensure maximum security, integrity, confidentiality and high availability of Government network and applications and controlled accessibility to Government ITC services and data to its users;
- Manage the ISO/IEC 27001 and PCI Certification of the Data Centre;
- Generate revenue by leveraging on the investments made by Government in the ITC Services and Data Centre.
The successful applicant will have:
- at least 10 years' experience in a senior management role in the IT Industry with a track record of success with major software development and implementation projects;
- strong business leadership with the ability to plan, lead, develop, inspire and motivate staff and be able to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines;
- excellent communication skills to communicate between technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- demonstrated ability to manage projects, personnel and physical resources effectively in order to achieve planned outcomes; and
- Master's Degree in ICT or related discipline, MBA or similar highly desirable. Industry certification in any ICT field will be an advantage.
The preferred method for submission of applications is through email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 4.00pm (Fijian time) on 23 September 2016.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fijian-government-ministry-of-communications-information-technology-and-computing-services-job-advertisement---general-manager-itc-services-300322739.html
SOURCE The Fijian Government