SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today FileMaker, Inc. announced the program for the 21st annual FileMaker Developer Conference (DevCon), the largest gathering of FileMaker independent and corporate custom business app developers, trainers and users from around the world. DevCon 2016 will be held July 18-21 at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
View the complete conference schedule to plan a personalized DevCon 2016 agenda.
With the theme of "Aptitude for Apps," the conference is designed to enhance the capabilities of those using the FileMaker Platform to create custom apps for desktop, iOS, and the web. Attendees will gain insight on the future direction of the FileMaker Platform, learn from other developers' unique app creation talents and expand their abilities in design, mobility, web and more.
DevCon 2016 offers a wide range of topics on how to plan, create, and deploy custom apps using the FileMaker Platform. Track and session topics include:
- Core: Increase core knowledge in relational design basics, localization and gain important new skills in conducting security audits, security in the cloud, and cryptography.
- Design: Explore how user research along with visual and interaction design techniques combine to create highly functional and stunning apps.
- Mobility: Learn the principles of cloud strategies and frameworks, deployment via mobile device management (MDM), and mobile-first thinking.
- Web: Learn to implement FileMaker apps for the web by leveraging web services and using FileMaker Pro as a front-end or middleware.
- Business: Find out why FileMaker is a good choice for custom app development, how to attract and onboard new developers and tips for in-house development.
- Innovation: Get up to speed on trending technologies, and hear expert commentary on emerging trends in social, on-demand, virtualization, and more.
DevCon 2016 will hold a separate Training Day on Monday, July 18 that provides an entire day of instructor-led training by a FileMaker Business Alliance trainer. Separate tracks for beginner, intermediate, and advanced developers are offered and cost $200 USD. Full conference registration is not required, and attendees will receive a copy of the FileMaker Training Series: Basics and FileMaker Training Services: Advanced materials.
The conference will also feature the Exhibitor Showcase of FileMaker services and add-on products and opportunities to receive one-on-one assistance from FileMaker technical support staff, engineers and product managers. Other event highlights include the annual "Women of FileMaker" luncheon and a new Aptitude Lounge where attendees can take a break and unwind.
Attendees will save $800 off the full conference price by taking advantage of the "early early bird" discount, available now through March 31, 2016. The early bird discount saves $500 off the full price if payment and registration is completed by May 26, 2016. All paid conference attendees will receive a free, not-for-resale copy of FileMaker Pro Advanced, a $549 value.
A group discount offer is available until July 5, 2016: pay for three conference registrations and get the fourth free. Call FileMaker Customer Support at 1-800-325-2747 or email email@example.com for more information.
Attendees are strongly urged to make hotel reservations at The Cosmopolitan before discounted rooms sell out. Reserve your hotel room online or call the hotel at +1-702-698-7575 or toll-free at 1-866-882-4420.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers simply powerful software for easily creating custom apps that work seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Business teams use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their operational processes, boosting overall productivity. www.filemaker.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/filemaker-developer-conference-2016-gives-custom-app-developers-an-aptitude-for-apps-300235004.html
SOURCE FileMaker, Inc.