SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today FileMaker, Inc. announced the release of "Deploy," the last of a three-part series of free how-to eBooks that lead teams through the process of deploying a custom app using the FileMaker Platform. Custom apps connect team members with each other and with their business, enabling anytime, anywhere collaboration and productivity.
With this final installment in the series, FileMaker has provided a comprehensive step-by-step process to planning, creating and deploying custom apps.
Click here to download all three guides, including the latest "Deploy" guide.
The steps to deploying a custom app include:
- Consider third party hosting: Outsourcing deployment to a third-party hosting provider is one option.
- Identify data sources: Determine if your custom app requires real-time data integration with external data sources.
- Determine authentication method: Determine if you will use local accounts or an external authentication system for granting user access.
- Setup backup: You can schedule backups at specific times and opt for progressive backups.
- Discuss with your system administrator: If you will be working with a system administrator, the guide includes a checklist of topics that are important to system administrators.
Ann Monroe, vice president, marketing, FileMaker, Inc., said: "Organizations of all sizes and from many industries are benefiting from custom apps built with FileMaker. Custom apps are quick and easy to plan, build and deploy, and the potential cost-savings is huge. Together the Plan, Create and Deploy guides will take the guesswork out of the process and empower our customers to deliver custom apps that can centralize information to align with business needs."
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers simply powerful software for easily creating custom apps that work seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Business teams use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their operational processes, boosting overall productivity. www.filemaker.com
© 2016 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker, FileMaker Go and the file folder logo are registered trademarks of FileMaker, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. FileMaker WebDirect is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Prices are listed in U.S. Dollars and subject to change without notice.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/filemakers-free-how-to-guides-empower-teams-to-plan-create-and-deploy-custom-apps-300248813.html
SOURCE FileMaker, Inc.