NEW YORK, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RFID Journal LIVE! Europe, to be held on Oct. 15, in London, England, will focus on educating end users about how radio frequency identification (RFID) technology is delivering real business benefits across Europe. The conference will also feature a co-located event, RFID in Europe, connecting European end users, operators, solution providers, universities, research establishments, non-government and government organizations, and all other European stakeholders, through the promotion of national projects via an international network.
At this unique program:
- Marks & Spencer, a leading U.K. retailer, will discuss the expansion of its RFID implementation to all of its stores. Attendees will learn why the company expects the system's future potential benefits to provide greater visibility and accuracy of all stock at the item level, as well as lower the costs of annual stock-taking and reduce instances of theft and fraud.
- Wilkinson will share how it is fighting stock loss through the use of RFID. The presenter will explain how the system enables the company to identify who is stealing goods, when this occurs, through which doorway and which products are being taken. Attendees will hear how the firm is using the collected data to prevent the return of products that were stolen from the stores without payment, as well as compiling a database on a store-by-store basis.
- The Museum of London will discuss how it is utilizing Near Field Communication (NFC) RFID tags at its two facilities to heighten the customer experience. Attendees will learn how the museums are using NFC-enabled technology to encourage visitors to interact with the exhibits, engage the museum on social media, book tickets and more.
- Tudespensa, a Spanish online supermarket, will present a session about how it is employing RFID to ensure on-time delivery of goods to customers. The presenters will discuss how the solution collects information, stores it in Tudespensa's database and, in the event that incorrect goods are loaded, issues an alert to warehouse management allowing them to stop the process and correct any errors.
- Roline, a Dutch truck tire and retreading company, is embedding RFID tags in the tires that it retreads. The company will share how it is able to create a record of when every tire was received, as well as from whom, and then track those tires through the retreading process via the RFID tags.
"This one-day event is a great opportunity to learn how RFID is delivering benefits today, and to meet some of the leading RFID technology providers," said Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor.
In addition, LIVE! Europe will feature an exhibit area in which leading technology companies will showcase their latest solutions. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from those who have already deployed RFID, and to network with leading end users.
For more information, please visit the RFID Journal LIVE! Europe Web site, www.rfidjournalevents.com/europe, or call (631) 249-4960.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and in-depth information regarding radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision-makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com.
Read more news from RFID Journal.
For more information, contact:
Director of Marketing
SOURCE RFID Journal