PHILADELPHIA, April 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Fans attending this weekend's Final Four at NRG Stadium in Houston will have more than their favorite team to cheer for. Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the exclusive food and beverage, retail and facilities services provider for NRG Stadium, has created four signature sandwiches to celebrate each team playing in the Final Four.
"It seems fitting that the signature games of the college basketball season should feature signature sandwiches from each school," said Chef Mark Cornish, Aramark Executive Chef at NRG Stadium.
Having served as executive chef for numerous premier events at NRG Stadium, Chef Cornish is accustomed to developing innovative menus that reflect the spirit of the moment. Chef Cornish's Final Four signature sandwiches represent each market by paying homage to its distinctive tastes and flavors.
- Carolina Pulled Pork -- University of North Carolina – Carolina pulled pork, topped with a vinegar based barbeque sauce and slaw, served on a potato roll with a side of chips. (Carvery - section 129)
- Sooner Fried Steak -- University of Oklahoma – Chicken fried steak served with potato chips, created by award-winning chef and Aramark partner Grady Spears. (Carvery - section 129)
- Wildcat Cheesesteak -- Villanova University – Traditional Philadelphia cheesesteak served on a classic Philadelphia Amoroso roll. (Carvery - section 109)
- Syracuse Sausage and Salt Potatoes -- Syracuse University – Syracuse's own Gianelli sausage and onions sandwich served with a side of homemade Central New York salt potatoes. (Carvery - section 109)
To provide a touch of authenticity, where possible, an ingredient from the school's hometown was incorporated into the recipe.
On the Club Level
For the Final Four and Championship games, James Beard Award winning chef and Aramark partner at NRG Stadium, Chris "BC" Shepherd, and his Sous Chef, Chris "LC" Bednorz, will each introduce new sandwiches on the club level. The two sandwiches will go head to head during the Final Four and Championship games, with the best seller appearing on the 2016 menu for Houston Texans home games at NRG Stadium (Aramark is the exclusive food and beverage partner of the Houston Texans).
- BC's Korean Sloppy Joe: 44 Farms beef tossed in Korean BBQ sauce, served on a Hawaiian roll.
- LC's Buffalo Chicken Club: Chicken tossed in buffalo sauce and topped with bacon and bleu cheese slaw.
Final Four Preparation
During each day of the Final Four, NRG Stadium will have more than 2,000 Aramark associates on hand, working in concession stands and retail stores, or keeping the stadium clean, to deliver the ultimate experience for basketball fans.
For the souvenir seekers attending games at NRG Stadium, Aramark is stocking the retail stores with exclusive Final Four merchandise and collectibles including t-shirts, caps and more.
Serving the Tournament
Aramark's involvement in the tournament stretches beyond professional sporting arenas and on to college campuses, where it enriches the lives of millions of college consumers every day. Serving more than 500 colleges and universities across the United States, Aramark is proud to partner with two dozen of the schools participating in this year's tournament including Final Four-bound East Regional Champions University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and South Regional Champions Villanova University.
During the early rounds of the tournament, Aramark enhanced the game day experience with a wide variety of menu offerings at multiple sites, including the Pepsi Center (Denver, CO), Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA).
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) delivers experiences that enrich and nourish people's lives through innovative services in food, facilities management, and uniforms. United by a passion to serve, our 270,000 employees make a meaningful difference each day for millions of people in 21 countries around the world. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, rated number one among Diversified Outsourcing Companies, as well as among the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/final-four-fare-ncaa-mens-basketball-championship-menu-pays-tribute-to-each-teams-hometown-signature-sandwich-300244382.html