Finalists Announced for Mobile Apps Showdown; Winners to be Announced at 2012 International CES, January 12
- SecuraFone – personal emergency response system;
- Macaw Mobile App – turns smartphones into mobile health monitor;
- CIA Operation Ajax – brings the comic book to the next level;
- Aurasma – augmented reality platform;
- AppGear Foam Fighters – app plus toy equals fun flying fun;
- Cinefy – a mobile video special effects and editing platform for iPhone users
- SkyQ – astronomy application that locates and identifies celestial objects;
- Viper SmartStart – start, stop, lock or pop the trunk of your car all from the palm of your hand;
- Magisto – creates professional videos with a single click;
- RoadBike – a cycling performance app for biking enthusiasts.
The live Mobile Apps Showdown event, produced by Living in Digital Times, to determine the most promising mobile app will take place at the 2012 International CES on Thursday, January 12 at 12:30pm in room N2556-257 in the North Hall of the LVCC. Finalists will have four minutes to demonstrate their product on stage and receive audience feedback.
Gary Dell'Abate and Jon Hein from SiriusXM Radio's Howard Stern Wrap Up Show will host the Mobile Apps Showdown Awards. The mobile app with the greatest number of online votes will also receive an award. A Wall of Apps exhibit in booth A130 in the North Hall of the LVCC features a sample of interesting contestants.
"With more than seven billion apps downloaded by year's end, Mobile Apps Showdown highlights the latest and greatest apps across diverse fields including video, health and even comic books," said Robin Raskin, founder of Living in Digital Times.
This year's judges include: Brian Page, technology consultant; Christopher Null, technology expert, Dana Oshiro, senior analyst and publishing strategist NetShelter Technology Media; Larry Seltzer, editorial director, Byte; Rick Singer, CEO, GreatApps; Helena Stone, editor-in-chief, ChipChick; Dave Whittle, CEO, CoolHotNot Corporation; Robin Raskin, founder, Living in Digital Times.
SOURCE Living in Digital Times