ATLANTA, April 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Atlanta Startup Community has announced the finalists for the 2017 Startup Atlanta Awards. In its inaugural year, the awards ceremony aims to recognize Atlanta's most successful rising tech companies, startup pioneers and disruptive innovators.
The finalists were chosen from 111 total nominations and judged based on criteria including milestones within the product development process, growth and overall community impact or job creation potential.
"We were thrilled to receive such a great response from the Atlanta startup community," said Charlton Cunningham, Executive Director of Startup Atlanta. "The nominees showcase the diversity of our local ecosystem and we're looking forward to celebrating the winners."
Finalists for this year's awards ceremony include:
- Best Social Impact Startup: S.T.E.M. STARS, Goodr, Vayando, Mini City, LaaSer Critical Communications and Acivilate
- Scrappiest Startup: NeuroLex Laboratories, UNpopular Style, LeadUp, LaBlaq Creativ, DigitalCrafts and Urban Geekz
- Top Community Builder: Michael Tavani and Dave Payne, Carlos Gonzalez and Porsha Thomas
- Lifetime Achievement: Chris Klaus, Ashish Mistry and Grace Fricks
- Art of The Pivot: Goodwipes, Shouty and Converge
- Top Impact Player: Dave Payne, Jen Bonnett, Allen Nance, Bridgett Rich and Katharine Mobley
- Best B2B Startup: UserIQ, Student Bridge, stable | kernel, Gather Technologies and GreenPrint
- Best B2C Startup: Hirewire, Roadie and Urban Tree Cidery
Winners of each award, with the exception of the Lifetime Achievement Award, will be chosen through public voting via https://hypepotamus.com/events/vote-atlanta-startup-awards/. Voting began yesterday and will remain open through Wednesday, April 26.
The winners of each category will be recognized at a ceremony at The Gathering Spot on May 12.
To learn more about the Atlanta Startup Awards or to purchase a ticket to the ceremony, visit https://2017atlantastartupawards.splashthat.com. To learn more about becoming a sponsor for this year's awards, email email@example.com.
About Startup Atlanta:
Startup Atlanta is a community nonprofit focused on growing and connecting the local startup ecosystem. We host events, bring startup and regional leaders together, support policies friendly to innovation and promote our local startup community. For more information, visit http://www.startupatlanta.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/finalists-chosen-for-first-annual-startup-atlanta-awards-ceremony-300439465.html
SOURCE Startup Atlanta