Finalists Selected for Ann Arbor SPARK and Eastside Innovation Campus Business Plan Competition
ANN ARBOR, Mich., May 24 /PRNewswire/ -- On June 4, 3:30-6:30 p.m., five innovation-based entrepreneurs will compete in Ann Arbor SPARK's business plan competition, hosted in conjunction with EIC, the Eastside Innovation Campus. The competition winner, as judged by a panel of noted funding and business experts, will win prizes to support their venture, including a one year incubator lease at SPARK East and up to $50,000 in business acceleration services.
EIC pitch competition finalists:
- Eco-Fueling will present its proven solution to co-fuel diesel engines with renewable ethanol, targeted at the 6 million diesel trucks, none of which currently use a renewable fuel, on the road today.
- Aeradigm will present its in-rack air condition for data centers. Over 10,000 US data centers are in danger of generating more heat than can be dissipated; Aeradigm will cool servers efficiently and reduce overall energy load by harvesting waste heat for power.
- Mobile Sign Language Systems LLC will present its smartphone software that translates spoken English into a video of sign language in real time. The software is designed to help deaf people, who often struggle to communicate with their counterparts in the hearing world, most of whom do not know sign language.
- Urobiologics will present its UroGender Test Kit (UGT). Economic and social conditions are compelling married couples to have a small family, preferably of two children, one of each gender. UGT will help couples to plan and have gender specific conception the natural way.
- Own will present its combined Web and hardware Point of Sale (POS) system for coffeehouses. Own replaces cash registers or Software POS systems at the point of transaction.
The five pitch competition finalists will have three minutes to deliver a business pitch to the panel of judges. The winning pitch will be selected based on identification and articulation of market need, how the product meets the need and business model. Pitches will be done in front of those in attendance at the competition.
EIC is a collaborative effort of Ann Arbor SPARK, Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Chamber of Commerce, Small Business and Technology Development Center, Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), MichiganWorks!, and Eastern Michigan University's College of Business. Drawing from these regional resources, EIC offers start-ups a unique combination of local expertise, business incubation, export assistance, meeting space, marketing services, and education.
The Ann Arbor SPARK EIC pitch competition is a free event. For more information, or to register, visit http://www.annarborusaevents.org/EventDetails.aspx?e=10416.
About Ann Arbor SPARK
Ann Arbor SPARK, a non-profit organization, is the driving force in establishing the Ann Arbor region as a destination for business expansion, retention, and location by identifying and meeting the needs of business at every stage, from startups to large organizations. Ann Arbor SPARK represents all communities in the Washtenaw County. Ann Arbor SPARK collaborates with business, academic, government, and community investor partners including the University of Michigan, Eastern Michigan University, Washtenaw Community College, Michigan Works!/ETCS, Washtenaw County, the City of Ann Arbor, the Bank of Ann Arbor and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. For more information, please call (734) 761-9317 or visit www.AnnArborUSA.org.
SOURCE Ann Arbor SPARK
More by this Source
Nine Companies Receive Michigan Microloan Fund Program Awards
Apr 15, 2013, 09:00 ET
Kalyspo Awarded Best of Ann Arbor SPARK Boot Camp
Feb 04, 2013, 13:43 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.