Finalists Unveiled for 10th Annual RFID Journal Awards
RFID Journal has announced the finalists for its 2016 RFID Journal Awards. The winners will be revealed at this year's LIVE! event, being held in Orlando Fla., on May 3-5.
NEW YORK, Mar. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- RFID Journal, the leading source of news and in-depth information regarding radio frequency identification, has unveiled the finalists for its 2016 RFID Journal Awards. The winners will be announced at RFID Journal LIVE! 2016, the company's 14th annual conference and exhibition, to be held at the Orange County Convention Center, in Orlando, Fla., on May 3-5. All finalists in the end-user categories will be invited to speak at the event, and the winners, along with the other end-user finalists, will receive a prestigious crystal award.
"The projects chosen as finalists show how far RFID has come in delivering enterprise-wide benefits," said Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor. "Attendees at this year's event will benefit from hearing about these deployments, and will view the hardware, software and solutions featured in our Best New Product category."
End-user companies were nominated in five categories:
Best RFID Implementation
- Decathlon—for its use of RFID technology at its 43 DCs and 1,030 stores to improve on-shelf availability and reduce shrinkage
- Delta Air Lines—for its pioneering use of RFID to streamline aircraft maintenance
- Shimane University Hospital—for its use of RFID to manage 20,000 surgical instruments
Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service
- Agilent—for its lab equipment management solution
- Innovative Timing Systems—for an RFID race-timing solution that is integrated with high-definition video
- TrackCore—for its use of RFID to enable customers to manage tissue samples
Most Innovative Use of RFID
- Berntsen International—for its innovative system for tracking buried assets
- Florida Hospital—for its use of RFID visualization to improve its processes
- Reichhold—for its use of RFID temperature sensors to reduce production times
RFID Green Award:
- Anilhas Capri—for its RFID solution for reducing the trafficking of wild birds in Brazil
- Golden Environmental Mat Services—for its use of RFID to manage construction mats
- Zempléni Z.H.K.—for its use of RFID technology to promote recycling
Best NFC Deployment:
- CBRE—for its use of NFC to secure building entrances and exits
- Evenko—for its use of NFC to create a social-media-worthy experience for its event patrons
- Target—for its use of NFC to transform the in-store shopping experience
Best IoT Deployment:
- Hospital de la Vega—for its use of an IoT platform to track the locations of patients, personnel and assets
- Qinshan Nuclear Power Plant—for its use of RFID to track 7,000 workers
- LAMSAC—for its use of RFID to track traffic congestion and share it with drivers
The judges also selected 10 finalists for Best New Product being exhibited at this year's LIVE! event. The finalists are:
- EM Microelectronic's EM4423 Dual Frequency RFID Chip
- Graphene Security's Graphene Security Light
- MetraLabs' TORY mobile inventory robot
- MonsoonRF's Lantern All-In-One RFID Reader
- Phase IV Engineering's RFID Sensor Reader
- Smartrac Technologies' Sensor Tadpole
- SML's Clarity 3.x retail software platform
- Tyco Retail Solutions' Sensormatic Synergy Series
- View Technologies' View Echo Smart Antennas
- Zebra Technologies' RFD8500 Handheld Sled Reader
In addition, RFID Journal's editors will present the 2016 RFID Special Achievement Award to Pam Sweeney, Macy's senior VP of logistics systems, for her leadership of that company's RFID efforts and her tireless work to promote standard practices for the use of passive UHF RFID throughout the retail supply chain.
LIVE! 2016 will feature eight conference tracks, seven in-depth preconference seminars and workshops, four post-conference seminars, three co-located events, fast-track training, RFID Professional Institute certification and more than 200 exhibitors showcasing the latest RFID products and solutions. For additional information, please visit www.rfidjournalevents.com/live/.
About RFID Journal
Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal's websites for up-to-the-minute news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions related to radio frequency identification (RFID) and Internet of Things technologies (IoT) technologies. This has made RFID Journal a trusted and respected information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID and IoT decision-makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com and www.iotjournal.com.
For more information, contact:
VP of Marketing
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/finalists-unveiled-for-10th-annual-rfid-journal-awards-300234773.html
SOURCE RFID Journal