Find The Closest Goodwill® With New Locator App
Mobile App Developed by AT&T Simplifies Donating and Purchasing at Goodwill
ROCKVILLE, Md., Aug. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Goodwill Industries International teamed with AT&T* to launch a free "Goodwill Locations/Locator" mobile app, currently available on iOS and Android mobile operating systems. Now, shoppers and donors need only to pull out a smartphone to find the nearest Goodwill location.
The mobile application provides users with a convenient tool that currently has information about more than 4,800 Goodwill donation centers and stores across the United States and Canada.
- Find locations and Hours: Customers can find their closest Goodwill location by enabling their devices' geo-location services or by entering address information. Hours for each location and the various types of services offered are displayed as well.
- Save a favorite: Users can save their favorite Goodwill locations within the app for future donating or shopping expeditions.
- Always current: The 165 Goodwill headquarters across the United States and Canada continually update their locations, including addresses, phone numbers, hours of operation, and website URLs.
The custom app was built by AT&T's Mobility Solutions Services, a team that specializes in guiding business through the entire process of going mobile, using the AT&T Mobile Application Development (MAD) platform to benefit Goodwill donors and shoppers who are increasingly accessing data on the go.
"Working with AT&T, we were able to design a mobile app to provide Goodwill supporters with a convenient way to support our mission of job training," said Jim Gibbons, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries International. "Rather than having to type a zip code into a website, they are able to instantly locate their nearest Goodwill locations based on their geographic whereabouts."
To download the mobile app today, visit www.goodwill.org/apps.
AT&T's 4G LTE Network
The great performance of AT&T's fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network continues to be validated by independent third-party testing:
- AT&T now has the most reliable 4G LTE network. According to independent third-party data, AT&T has the highest success rate for delivering mobile content across nationwide 4G LTE networks.
- Meanwhile, our 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive's most recent 20-market speed tests – the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked 1st overall. PCWorld/TechHive also ranked AT&T's as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested.
- And AT&T was named America's fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine's 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest.
In addition, RootMetrics® has awarded AT&T's network for great performance, naming it the strongest overall for call, text, and data performance in multiple markets from January through June of this year.
For more information
Web Site Links
Related Media Kits:
Related Fact Sheets:
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
** Speed claim based on comparison of national carriers' average 4G LTE download speeds for Android™ and Windows smartphones and iPhone 5. Reliability claim compares data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. 4G speeds not available everywhere.
*** PCWorld/TechHive, May 23, 2013, "AT&T clocks best overall speeds with 3G/4G combo"
**** PC Magazine, June 17, 2013; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420333,00.asp
***** Visit rootmetrics.com for more details. Performance rankings of four national wireless carriers rely on scores calculated from random samples. Your experiences may vary. The RootMetrics award is not an endorsement of AT&T. AT&T ranked highest or shared the highest ranking for overall performance in 66 of 125 markets tested, Jan-Jun, 2013.
About Goodwill Industries International
Goodwill Industries International is a network of 165 community-based agencies in the United States and Canada with 14 affiliates in 13 other countries. Goodwill is one of America's top 25 most inspiring companies (Forbes). Goodwill agencies are innovative and sustainable social enterprises that fund job training programs, employment placement services and other community-based programs by selling donated clothing and household items in more than 2,700 stores and online at shopgoodwill.com. Local Goodwill agencies also build revenue and create jobs by contracting with businesses and government to provide a wide range of commercial services, including packaging and assembly, food service preparation, and document imaging and shredding. In 2012, more than 6.7 million people in the United States and Canada benefited from Goodwill's career services. Goodwill channels 82 percent of its revenues directly into its programs and services.
To find a Goodwill near you, use the online locator at locator.goodwill.org, or call (800) GOODWILL. Follow us on Twitter: @GoodwillIntl and @GoodwillCapHill, and find us on Facebook: GoodwillIntl.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Goodwill Industries International