SEATTLE, April 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Rhapsody announced the launch of the Listener Network, a set of social features designed to provide the best listening experience for music lovers around the world. Powered by Rhapsody's patent-pending Music Intelligence Engine™, the new product enhancements make it easier for listeners to connect and share with friends and discover new music.
"We used to exchange mixtapes with friends and burn songs onto CDs to create the perfect playlists for parties, car rides, and study sessions," said Nathan Rozendaal, Senior Director of Product at Rhapsody International. "With the Listener Network, we're channeling the spirit of peer-to-peer sharing that Napster inspired years ago by building a community that encourages members to interact with each other to find new music."
MEET YOUR NETWORK:
- Introduce Yourself: Members can personalize and share profiles with friends and others in Rhapsody's global community of listeners. With a clean profile interface, they can choose a photo, screen name, display name, make their playlists public, and quickly access top charts and network.
- Connect With Friends: With Facebook friend lookup, listeners can find and follow Facebook friends on Rhapsody and also get suggestions to follow other listeners with similar tastes.
- Find Your Music Match: Members can measure their music compatibility with friends and others. Rhapsody's proprietary Music Intelligence Engine™ uses an algorithm to generate a Music Match score based on individual music interests, and compare each user's taste overlap to other listeners.
- Matched Playlists: For every Music Match, Rhapsody generates a unique Matched Playlist of tracks based on overlapping music tastes between the matched users.
DISCOVER NEW MUSIC:
- Trending Today: Members can hear new music every day with a unique playlist of tracks that changes daily based on what your Network is streaming.
- Music From Listeners Like Me: After pulling your Music Match score, Rhapsody will recommend a unique playlist of songs you haven't played, based on your overlapping taste with other listeners.
SHARE YOUR FAVORITES:
- Publish Playlists: With new social sharing features, members can share playlists for other listeners to discover or share with non-subscribers via SMS, Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow Others' Playlists: Rhapsody members can follow any public playlist from friends and other listeners and tap into freshly curated content from our music editors. Opt-in to social notifications when other music fans follow you, publish playlists or favorite tracks from your profile.
"As we celebrate 15 years in music streaming, today's update continues our commitment to bring you closer to your friends and favorite artists, making it easier to discover new and trending music," Rozendaal noted. "Like a Tinder for music lovers, we're helping fans around the world find their music match and create the best community for music discovery, listening and sharing."
About Rhapsody International Rhapsody International is the parent company of leading streaming music services Rhapsody and Napster. Available in more than 34 countries, including the U.S., Europe and Latin America, Rhapsody and Napster give members ad-free access to more than 35 million songs. Whether they're listening on their phone, at home, work, or in the car, Rhapsody and Napster go where our members go. Our expert team of editors create a curated music experience that makes it easy for members worldwide to discover and enjoy new music with our playlists, reviews and radio stations -- anytime and anywhere. Follow @Rhapsody on Twitter and keep up with the latest on the Rhapsody Facebook page.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/find-your-music-match-on-the-listener-network-from-rhapsody-300247674.html