Findlay College Prep (Henderson, Nev.), Montverde (Fla.) And Huntington Prep (Huntington, W. Va.) Top USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 Boys Basketball Rankings
-- Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Va.) Drops Out of Top Five; West Charlotte (Charlotte) Enters Ranking --
MCLEAN, Va., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Findlay College Prep (Henderson, Nev.), Montverde (Fla.) and Huntington Prep (Huntington, W. Va.) continue to hold down the top three spots in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national editorial rankings for boys basketball for the week of Dec. 10.
Chester (Pa.), which occupied the No. 5 position in last week's Super 25, moved up one spot to No. 4, while Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) rounds out the top five.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation. Gatorade is the Official Fuel of the Super 25 rankings platform, which includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.
The biggest movement in this week's Super 25 comes out of Virginia, where Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Va.), which had been ranked No. 2, slipped to No. 6 after falling in overtime to Paul VI (Fairfax, Va.), which moved up from No. 23 to No. 17 this week.
Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) occupies the No. 10 position in this week's Super 25, preceded by No. 7 Simeon (Chicago), No. 8 Lone Peak (Highland, Utah) and No. 9 St. Anthony (Jersey City, NJ), which opens its 2013 season this Sunday against Neptune (West Orange, N.J.).
Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports boys basketball rankings:
USA TODAY High School Sports
High School Boys Basketball Super 25
For Week of December 10, 2012
- Findlay College Prep*, Henderson, Nev. (12-0)
- Montverde (Fla.) Academy* (6-0)
- Huntington (W.Va.) Prep* (9-0)
- Chester, Pa. (1-0)
- Long Beach Poly, Long Beach (5-0)
- Oak Hill Academy*, Mouth of Wilson, Va. (12-1)
- Simeon, Chicago (1-0)
- Lone Peak, Highland, Utah (6-0)
- St. Anthony, Jersey City (0-0)
- Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (5-0)
- Archbishop Mitty, San Jose (2-0)
- Montrose Christian*, Rockville, Md. (5-0)
- Travis, Richmond, Texas (10-1)
- Southwind Academy, Memphis (8-1)
- St. Benedict's Prep, Newark (7-0)
- Whitney Young, Chicago (1-0)
- Paul VI, Fairfax, Va. (3-1)
- West, Iowa City (5-0)
- Rainier Beach, Seattle (3-0)
- Gill St. Bernard's, Gladstone, N.J. (0-0)
- Centennial, Corona, Calif. (6-0)
- West Charlotte, Charlotte (5-0)
- Gonzaga*, Washington, D.C. (4-1)
- Ballard, Louisville (3-1)
- Salesian, Richmond, Calif. (5-1)
*Does not compete for a state championship
For more information on the Super 25, visit USA TODAY High School Sports.
The USA TODAY Sports Media Group encompasses all sports initiatives across USA TODAY Sports and Gannett's more than 100 well-known local media brands. It also includes the sports photography service USA TODAY Sports Images, USA TODAY High School Sports and the hundreds of sites within USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties such as thebiglead.com and mixed martial arts site MMAjunkie.com, among others. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
SOURCE USA TODAY Sports Media Group
More by this Source
USA TODAY Sports Re-launches HoopsHype
Oct 10, 2013, 12:25 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.