SAN FRANCISCO, March 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Fingerprint, a global mobile technology company leading the rapidly growing kids' mobile education and entertainment content market since 2010, today announces the signing of its 200th developer. This brings its 3rd party app library of games, books, videos and activities to more than 2,000, up four times since Q1, 2015. Fingerprint is on track to double the library of content to 4,000 by year-end.
Fingerprint develops and operates content and mobile services for kids with a range of customers including Samsung, Sylvan Learning, Findaway and Highlights for Children. Leveraging the company's proprietary Nirvana technology platform, Fingerprint provides a fully turnkey solution for content creators and distributors looking to reach the valuable $7 billion children's market.
Fingerprint has searched the globe to identify engaging and educational content, signing developers from over 50 countries to support mobile services such as:
- Samsung Kids: Learning and fun mobile service for kids 3-8, featuring hundreds of game, book and video apps, all mapped to Common Core educational standards.
- Sylvan Play: Curated, education focused platform known for math and language learning.
- Findaway LaunchPad: The first edutainment experience designed and pre-loaded on library-based tablets.
- Highlights Every Day: Reimagining the leading Highlights Magazine for mobile with new content every single day.
"Kids' engagement with Fingerprint's mobile services has grown 10-fold since January 2015, with more than 15 million play sessions in February alone, largely due to the quality of content we're offering kids and parents," says Fingerprint CEO, Nancy MacIntyre. "We're thrilled to add some of the world's best creators to our most recently launched service, Samsung Kids."
The company welcomes the newest content entrants to the Fingerprint family of partners:
- Toca Boca: Play studio behind a portfolio of popular, open-ended digital toys including Toca Kitchen 2 and Toca Town.
- Playdate Digital: Hasbro games developer for classic toys Transformers, My Little Pony and Play-Doh.
- Legacy Games: Developer of a suite of Crayola experiences and a top creativity brand for children.
- Night & Day Studios: Creators of Peekaboo Barn and other bestselling preschool learning apps.
- THUP Games: The maker of leading "Monkey Preschool" brand.
"While Toca Boca apps have been downloaded more than 100 million times worldwide, we are always looking for new ways to bring our open-ended, play experiences to as many kids as possible," says Björn Jeffery, CEO, Toca Boca. "We are delighted to partner with Fingerprint to bring our content to Samsung Kids platform through this simple and intuitive subscription service."
"The kids edutainment market is on an upward trajectory due to kids' behavior," notes Michael Pachter, Wedbush analyst. "With over 100,000 kids apps available in the app store, parents seek safe and high quality content so their kids can have fun and learn. There's a remarkable growth in volume and depth of both games and learning experiences. As a father, it's really cool to watch."
About Fingerprint, Inc.
Fingerprint is a global mobile technology company focused on the children's market for education and entertainment products and services. Fingerprint is funded by leading media and technology investors including Corus Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation and Reed Elsevier Ventures. For more information, visit fingerprintplay.com or facebook.com/FingerprintPlay.