First-Hand Cloud Computing Government Success Stories and Lessons Learned to be Showcased at Gov 2.0 Expo
NASA, State of California, City of Los Angeles, U.S. Army Among Featured Government Speakers
WASHINGTON, April 27 /PRNewswire/ --
- With cloud computing playing a big role in the Obama Administration's new FY2011 budget and federal CIO Vivek Kundra contending the U.S. government can acquire technology faster and at lower cost through cloud computing, leaders in the public and private sectors are more than ever working closely to use cloud computing as a strategic IT tool to help transform government and make them more effective and efficient.
- Co-produced by O'Reilly Media, Inc. and UBM TechWeb, Gov 2.0 Expo will be held May 25-27, 2010 in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
- Under the track Cloud Computing and Security, Gov 2.0 Expo will showcase the latest trends and success stories on how government is already making these benefits a reality, such as:
- NASA's CIO Linda Cureton will discuss how cloud computing and social media are empowering the space organization to become more efficient, save money, get citizens excited about their agency, and ultimately accomplish more missions.
- Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn Lawson , director, eServices for the Office of the CIO, State of California, will discuss how government policies need to adapt to implement new service models, such as cloud computing and SaaS, and social networking tools like Twitter and Facebook.
- The City of Los Angeles is one of the nation's first deployments of cloud computing for a local government. The City's CTO Randi Levin will share:
- How the cloud is enabling cost-savings and a more efficient workplace, joined by Google Enterprise's Dave Girouard and O'Reilly Media, Inc.'s Tim O'Reilly,
- Insights into the decision to move to the cloud, including the ways that the change in IT infrastructure model could potentially benefit city government and citizens.
- NASA Ames Research Center's CIO Chris Kemp will share how its organization implemented the Nebula project, an open source cloud computing platform, to further innovation, promote transparency and enable federal agencies engage with the public more efficiently.
- Brookings Institution's vice president and director of governance studies Darrell West will be joined by Mike Krieger , deputy CIO of the U.S. Army, and Carolyn Lawson , CIO, Public Utilities Commission, State of California, to address the business value government agencies can find in deploying cloud computing.
- Brad Smith, General Counsel and Senior Vice President, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Microsoft will be addressing cloud computing implications for governments.
- Gov 2.0 Expo homepage: http://www.gov2expo.com
- Gov 2.0 Expo full schedule: http://qorv.is/0fb
- YouTube video on "Gov 2.0, The Platform for Change" by Tim O'Reilly: http://qorv.is/1fb
RSS Feed for Gov 2.0 Events:
O'Reilly Media, Inc. spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly has been a chronicler and catalyst of leading-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14 million business and technology professionals actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly.
Gov 2.0 Expo, government, Web 2.0, cloud computing, Obama, Vivek Kundra , federal, emerging technologies, NASA, GSA, Army, California, Los Angeles, event, tradeshow, Washington, Convention Center
SOURCE Gov 2.0 Expo
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.