BISMARCK, N.D., July 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Earth-Kind, whose mission is to preserve the good and prevent the rest with all natural home products, is launching a First Saturday initiative to provide consumers across the country with simple, yet effective strategies for home maintenance. The quarterly campaign will offer expert tips and reminders about what can be done to prevent or repair damage and keep everything running in tip-top shape for the coming season.
No matter where you live – in the heart of the city or the heartland – there are simple ways to ensure your home runs like a well-oiled machine through the dog days of summer. Earth-Kind founder and farmer in charge Kari Warberg Block offers the following tips to ensure that everything from pets to smoke detectors are prepared and full checklists for every locale can be found at www.Earth-Kind.com.
- Urbanites: As we spend more time outdoors, it's important to remember that our four-legged friends, especially those that spend most of their time indoors, need some TLC too – be sure pet vaccinations are up to date.
- Small Town Life: Wondering why that lawn is not looking so lush? Sprinkler lines can sustain damage during the harsher weather of winter months. Before you're green with envy over your neighbor's lawn, test sprinkler lines and patch any holes.
- Rural Review: If you own a large plot of land, especially one with dense shrubbery/trees, walk the property to identify any areas that need a quick cleanup of downed trees or fencing to ensure a safe summer outdoors.
And as the weather heats up from coast to coast, pests – from bugs to rodents – begin to become just that, pests. In fact, 50% of the world's population struggles with rodents. Protecting your home, car, RV, boat and even farming equipment from mice and other rodents requires just a few easy steps:
- Check area for gaps, and fill small openings with steel wool and caulk.
- Make sure grass is cut short and shrubbery within 100 feet of the home is well trimmed.
- Buy rodent-proof containers such as garbage cans and recycling bins.
- Prevent problems before they start with an all natural repellent option like Fresh Cab, an EPA- certified, long-lasting botanical rodent repellent which is 100% guaranteed, safe for humans, pets and the earth.
Earth-Kind founder and CEO Kari Block was recently recognized as a runner-up for National Small Business Person of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Three top small business people were chosen from among 54 entrepreneurs who had been their state/territory's Small Business Person of the Year. Block was previously named North Dakota's Small Business Person of the Year.
For more tips to preserve the good and prevent the rest each quarter, visit www.Earth-Kind.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube. And we want to hear from you – share your tips with us at Facebook.com/freshcab.
About Earth-Kind, Inc.
Earth-Kind's mission is to preserve the good and prevent the rest. Earth-Kind develops and manufactures naturally-efficient solutions for indoor home maintenance, including rodent and odor control. Its products give consumers choices that are safer and more effective than their toxic counterparts. Earth-Kind products are third-party verified for safety/efficacy before being introduced to the market. To learn more about Earth-Kind, Inc., please visit www.earth-kind.com.
SOURCE Earth-Kind, Inc.