First Saturday Campaign Offers Seasonal Maintenance Tips & Tricks for Consumers this Fall
BISMARCK, N.D., Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Earth-Kind, whose mission is to preserve the good and prevent the rest with all natural home products, is offering simple Fall home maintenance tips as part of its First Saturday initiative. The quarterly campaign provides expert tips and reminders about what can be done to prevent or repair damage and keep everything running in tip-top shape for the coming season.
Whether you live in the heart of the city or the heartland, there are simple, yet effective ways to prepare for the seasonal changeover. Earth-Kind founder and farmer in charge Kari Warberg Block offers the following tips to ensure that everything from pets to smoke detectors are prepared and full checklists for every locale can be found at www.earth-kind.com.
- Urbanites: As the season changes so should your wardrobe. Bring out your sweatshirts, boots and long sleeves, and pack away your bathing suits until next year.
- Small Town Life: As you bundle up for the Fall, be sure to test your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. Be sure to stock your medicine cabinets with first aid kits and dispose of expired medicines.
- Rural Review: If you live on a large piece of property, do lawn maintenance to prepare your property for the cold. Trim grass and shrubbery and dispose of leaf piles. After cleaning farm equipment, use a rodent repellent such as Fresh Cab to protect from damage during the off season.
As the weather cools, rodents will begin to look for a warm place to stay this season. In fact, 50% of the world's population struggles with rodents. Protecting your home, car, RV, boat and even farming equipment from mice and other rodents requires just a few easy steps:
- Check area for gaps, and fill small openings with steel wool and caulk.
- Make sure grass is cut short and shrubbery within 100 feet of the home is well trimmed.
- Buy rodent-proof containers such as garbage cans and recycling bins.
- Prevent problems before they start with an all natural repellent option like Fresh Cab, an EPA- certified, long-lasting botanical rodent repellent which is 100% guaranteed, safe for humans, pets and the earth.
For more tips to preserve the good and prevent the rest each quarter, visit www.Earth-Kind.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube. We want to hear from you – share your tips with us at Facebook.com/freshcab!
About Earth-Kind, Inc.
Earth-Kind's mission is to preserve the good and prevent the rest. Earth-Kind develops and manufactures naturally-efficient solutions for indoor home maintenance, including rodent and odor control. Earth-Kind founder and CEO Kari Block was recognized as a runner-up for 2013 National Small Business Person of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration and was previously named North Dakota's Small Business Person of the Year. The company's products give consumers choices that are safer and more effective than their toxic counterparts. Earth-Kind products are third-party verified for safety/efficacy before being introduced to the market. To learn more about Earth-Kind, Inc., please visit www.earth-kind.com.
SOURCE Earth-Kind, Inc.
More by this Source
First Saturday Campaign Offers Seasonal Maintenance Tips & Tricks for Consumers
Jul 05, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.