First Ultra-Green, High Performance LED Personal Task Light Unveiled by LittleFootprint™ Lighting Sleek HeronLED desk lamp made in USA from recycled computers, printers, phones, TVs, VCRs, refrigerators and more
PHILADELPHIA, May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- LittleFootprint Lighting, a California-based pioneer of sustainably designed LED task lighting products made in the USA from recycled materials, including plastic from e-waste, announced today the introduction of its high performance HeronLED Personal Task Light for corporate and home office environments.
"The HeronLED gives buyers the first-ever opportunity to select truly sustainable task lighting for the office environment," said Nancy Wahl-Scheurich, CEO of LittleFootprint Lighting. "The HeronLED lamp is highly-efficient, made from recycled materials, is itself recyclable, and is designed and manufactured in the USA. We're excited to bring to market a high quality office product that supports a greener planet and the creation of green jobs."
- First desk lamp made of recycled plastic from e-waste
- Adjustable, ergonomic design
- Long-life, "warm white" light
- Replaceable LED bulb
- Uses 7-10 times less energy compared to conventional desk lamps
- Saves energy: LED light source uses a fraction of the energy used by incandescent or CFL bulbs.
- Lowers cost: Immediate savings on electric bill; long-life LEDs (17 years +) means lower bulb replacement cost.
- More control: Adjustable design lets user direct comfortable "warm white" light where it's needed, requiring less "ambient" lighting (further reducing energy use).
- Reduces landfill: Made from recycled plastic and steel; designed for easy recycling. (Does not contain mercury.)
- Decreases carbon footprint: Local manufacturing, using recycled materials and components sourced in the USA, reduces carbon footprint of manufacturing process; lower energy usage when light in use reduces end user's carbon footprint.
- 5-Year Warranty
The price of LFL's HeronLED is $195, with shipping summer 2011. The first 1,000 customers receive an "early adopter" discount at www.lfplighting.com.
About LittleFootprint Lighting
Headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, LittleFootprint™ Lighting is a manufacturer of LED task lighting products that are made in the USA from recycled materials. Designed with ergonomic lighting in mind, LittleFootprint Lighting's products deliver the right amount of light where it's needed, whether in the office or at home, saving energy and helping to reduce eye-strain. Environmentally friendly and user friendly, LittleFootprint Lighting's products are reasonably priced – to make high-quality LED task lighting affordable. www.lfplighting.com
SOURCE LittleFootprint Lighting