SAN FRANCISCO, November 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The global FISH probe market is expected to reach USD 1.73 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising prevalence rate of disorders with cytogenetic base such as cancer and genetic abnormalities coupled with demand for rapid, accurate & sensitive prognosis techniques for disease validation are the key factors propelling growth of FISH probe in coming years. In addition, increasing R&D initiatives by industry players for development of novel, disease specific FISH probes biomarkers and pipeline products awaiting approval are other factors expected to boost industry growth.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization Probe (FISH Probe) Market Analysis By End Use (Research, Clinical, Companion Diagnostics), By Type Of RNA (mRNA, miRNA), By Application (Cancer Diagnostics, Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Genetic Diseases), By ISH Probe Technology (FISH, Flow FISH, Q FISH, CISH, DISH) And Segment Forecasts, To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fluorescent-in-situ-hybridization-probe-market
Technological advancement in chromogenic in situ hybridization (CISH) such as higher storage time for analyzed samples for long duration studies is expected to boost penetration of CISH probe in near future.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- CISH is expected to be the fastest growing technology segment and is expected to grow at a lucrative CAGR of over 7.0% by 2022. Samples using CISH can be detected through bright field microscope and are thus less expensive than FISH. Strong signal quality for longer period of time is a major advantage of CISH over other methods.
- Companion diagnostics is used in personalized medicine and it includes medical decision, products and practices based on patient's genetic, clinical, and genomic information. In oncology major companion diagnostics are based on FISH owing to higher reliability, sensitivity, accuracy, and procedure reproducibility, which are less affected by analytical variables and tissue fixation as compared to immunohistochemistry.
- Increasing demand in personalized medicine is a key factor expected to assist the companion diagnostics market register the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- mRNA dominated the type of RNA market, with revenue valued at over USD 300.0 million in 2014, owing to increased penetration and effective detection and validation of cytogenetic diseases.
- miRNA is expected to be the fastest growing RNA segment and is expected to grow at a CAGR of above 7.0% by 2022. The miRNA market is driven by factors such as the increasing R&D for development of miRNA probes and growing application of miRNA as a prognostic tool in cancer.
- Flow FISH is used for approximate detection of telomere length in case of large population studies. It is considered to be a modification of QFISH, but has been proved to give high through output than other counterparts. All the aforementioned facts are responsible for the lucrative growth of this segment over the forecast period. miRCURY LNA microRNA detection probes for ISH by Exiqon and PrimeFlow RNA assay by Affymetrix are used in RNA research and quantification.
- North America was the largest regional FISH probe market and was valued at over USD 400.0 million in 2014. The region's market position is attributed to factors such as presence of well established healthcare system and increasing demand for accurate and rapid molecular cytogenetics techniques.
- The Asia Pacific FISH probe market is expected to exhibit lucrative growth of 9.0% over the forecast period due to rising per capita healthcare expenditure, improving healthcare facilities, and demand for IVD testing for disease detection. Additionally, increasing R&D activities pertaining to cancer diagnostics and investment by private & government sector into biotech industry in this region are the factors responsible for the growth.
- Key players of the FISH probe market include Oxford Gene Technology, Mirus Bio LLC, Agilent Technologies, Perkin Elmer Inc., Genemed Biotechnologies Inc., Horizon Diagnostics, BioDot Inc., Sigma Aldrich, Life Science Technologies, GSP Research Institute Co., Ltd, Abnova Corporation, Biosearch Technologies, F Hoffman La Roche AG, Bio Care Medical LLC, EXIQON, and Affymetrix Panomics.
Grand View Research has segmented the global FISH probe market on the basis of end use, type of RNA, application, technology and region:
- FISH Probe End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Companion diagnostics
- FISH Probe RNA Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- FISH Probe Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Cancer research
- Genetic diseases
- Genetic Diseases
- Cancer research
- ISH Probe Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Q FISH
- FISH Probe Market Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Surgical Incision Closure Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surgical-incision-closure-market
- Fluid Management Systems Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fluid-management-systems-market
- Kidney Fibrosis Treatment Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/kidney-fibrosis-treatment-market
- Dental Implants Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dental-implants-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.