Five Essentials Of The Modern Dream Dorm College Life Gets a Boost with Today's Nimble, Resourceful Housewares
BOCA RATON, Fla., July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Eat. Drink. Breathe. Study. The essential functions of college life will get a boost this year thanks to the latest nimble and resourceful innovations for creating a "dream dorm," a well-equipped home-away-from-home with all the comforts and none of the parents. Compact yet efficient, these products conserve precious dorm room space while indulging college coeds with the simplest route to nourishment and a healthy environment.
As move in day fast approaches, global consumer products leader Jarden Consumer Solutions shares its five dream dorm must-haves for the 2014/2015 year from its family of brands. Innovative items from the Mr. Coffee®, Draftmark®, Oster®, Crock-Pot® and Holmes® brands address specific college coed needs to make campus life smooth sailing.
For All-Nighters & Early Mornings
- The Mr. Coffee® Coffeemaker + Hot Shot Station™ will put students on the fast track to hot food and beverage prep. This multi-tasking coffeemaker and hot water station provides the ultimate in convenience and versatility, featuring two separate water reservoirs for brewing a pot of fresh coffee while dispensing hot water for other beverages, like hot chocolate and tea, and instant foods like mac and cheese, oatmeal and more. (MSRP: $89.99)
For Responsible Celebrations
- The Draftmark® Home Tap System delivers the ultimate draught beer on demand experience for age 21+ college students! Ask any brew master... draught beer is the way beer was brewed to be enjoyed -- protected from light, heat and oxygen for a fresh, clean, flavorful taste. This first-of-its-kind system fits inside standard to smaller refrigerators and comes with a rechargeable battery. A wide variety of beer barrels are sold separately to suit a variety of tastes. (MSRP: $49.99 / Beer Barrels - MSRP: $13.99 - $15.99)
Drink Your Daily Fruits & Veggies
- The Oster® Juice & Blend 2 Go™ Juice Extractor and Personal Blender boasts 400 watts of high-performance power to extract all the nutrients from fruits and vegetables with a compact design for countertop space-saving. College students can prepare healthy juices or blended smoothies right into the 20-ounce, BPA free personal blending jar to enjoy on the go. Boost the juice and add high protein Greek yogurt, protein powders or natural boosters for a complete snack or meal replacement. Plus, there are 12 delicious recipes and a Mix 'n Match Recipe chart! All parts, excluding the motor, are removable and dishwasher safe. (MSRP: $49.99)
For Easy, Healthy & Affordable Meal Prep
- Show your school spirit with the Crock-Pot® Collegiate Slow Cooker! Available in more than 20 collegiate team designs, this slow cooker is a convenient made-for-students 2.5-quart size! This manual slow cooker comes with a recipe booklet, and features Low and High heat settings, plus a convenient Warm setting. The removable dishwasher-safe stoneware and lid makes clean up a snap. Gently wipe down the exterior of your unit with a damp cloth to keep it looking great for many college football seasons to come. Collegiate Slow Cookers are also available in the 6 Quart Crock-Pot® Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker series. (MSRP: $29.99)
Breathe Cleaner Dorm Air
- The Holmes® True HEPA Smart Air Purifier WeMo Enabled delivers superior air quality, eliminating allergens, pollutants, and odors associated with living in a group environment. This True HEPA air purifier provides an optimized home environment to meet clean air needs without the nuisance of having to monitor and manage it all. Programmable options maintain desired air quality while students are in class, or back home studying or sleeping. This wirelessly connected device also notifies students when air quality is poor so that the unit can be turned on and also notifies them when it is time to change the filters. On the Auto Clean setting, an air quality sensor automatically adjusts speeds when indoor air quality is poor. (MSRP: $199.99)
About Jarden Corporation
Jarden Corporation is a leading provider of a diverse range of consumer products with a portfolio of over 120 trusted, quality brands sold globally. Jarden operates in three primary business segments through a number of well recognized brands, including: Outdoor Solutions: Abu Garcia®, AeroBed®, Berkley®, Campingaz® and Coleman®, ExOfficio®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Gulp!®, Hardy®, Invicta®, K2®, Madshus®, Marker®, Marmot®, Mitchell®, PENN®, Rawlings®, Ride®, Sevylor®, Shakespeare®, Stearns®, Stren®, Trilene®, Volkl®, Worth® and Zoot®; Consumer Solutions: Bionaire®, Breville®, Crock-Pot®, FoodSaver®, Health o meter®, Holmes®, Mr. Coffee®, Oster®, Patton®, Rival®, Seal-a-Meal®, Sunbeam®, VillaWare® and White Mountain®; and Branded Consumables: Ball®, Bee®, Bernardin®, Bicycle®, Billy Boy®, Crawford®, Diamond®, Dicon®, Fiona®, First Alert®, First Essentials®, Hoyle®, Kerr®, Lehigh®, Lifoam®, Lillo®, Loew Cornell®, Mapa®, NUK®, Pine Mountain®, ProPak®, Quickie®, Spontex®, Tigex® and Yankee Candle®. Headquartered in Florida, Jarden ranks #356 on the Fortune 500 and has over 30,000 employees worldwide. For further information about Jarden, please visit www.jarden.com.
SOURCE Jarden Corporation