DODGEVILLE, Wis., April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Right now, millions of women are undertaking the biannual ritual of swapping out sweaters and wool jackets for short-sleeved tops and shirtdresses. Just in time for spring, Lands' End offers five "must-have" warm-weather pieces from its women's plus collection.
"Our plus-size collection offers a beautiful assortment of classic linen pieces, easy-to-wear dresses and tops and bottoms that flatter," said Kelli Lovejoy-Dailey, special sizes divisional merchandise manager at Lands' End. "Our designers have looked at every detail – from fit, fabric, color and pattern – to design one of the most comprehensive plus-size collections available in the market. We focus on each item to build a wardrobe of 'go-to' favorites."
Lovejoy-Dailey offers her recommended styles for spring:
- Lovely in Linen. Linen is a lovely, lightweight fabric that will drape beautifully and provide effortless comfort from spring to summer. This season, Lands' End has so many different styles and silhouettes available in linen that it's almost a challenge to limit it to just one. Lands' End linen is great because it's cool, but not sheer; it gently flatters your shape, yet it isn't too clingy; and, to top it off, it's machine washable. Linen/Cotton Capris ($65) look great and are easy to wear all spring and summer long. Look for feminine details on the Sleeveless Pintuck Tunic ($65) that add an extra-special flattering touch.
- No-Fuss Dress. Every woman needs a "go-to" dress or two this spring. As one of the season's hottest fashion trends, a dress is a great addition that not only looks great, but is easy to wear. Lands' End's new plus-size dresses come in a variety of colors and prints that are comfortable and flattering. The Sleeveless Ruffled Dress ($70 solid and $80 print) has cascading ruffles to enhance vertical lines and a belt to define your waist. Add a cardigan and you can go from work to evening easily. The Woven Fit and Flare Dress defines your shape with a flattering empire waist and short-sleeve pieced bodice and self-fabric belt. It's available in a Dot Print for $135 and a Butterfly Print for $125.
- Classic Cardigan. You can't go wrong with a colorful, well-fitting cardigan. It's great for layering and is easy to dress up or down. The Supima® Fine Gauge Cardigan ($54) is a Lands' End favorite and a classic. It comes in a host of the season's best colors. The Linen/Cotton Pointelle Cardigan ($80) features a mid-hip length and a lightly textured yarn for understated femininity.
- Transformational Tunics and Tops. This season's tunics and short-sleeved tops are better than ever – you'll likely want more than one! They are extra-soft, smooth and have a flattering hip-length drape. Fun details such as a flower V-neck, pintucks and ruffles make each tunic unique ($40-$45). To mix it up even more, try the fun, new Square Neck Top ($40). It comes in solids and stripes with a flattering and face-framing neckline. Look for new short-sleeved and sleeveless styles for summer starting at $30.
- Capris and Chino Bottoms. Lands' End Capris and Chinos are designed for comfort, yet are versatile enough for work. Both silhouettes feature Hidden Control, with concealed mesh control panels behind the front pockets. Pair the Stretch Pincord Wide Leg Pants ($75) with a solid blouse for a classic look. Layer a solid, hip-length tunic over a pair of Refined Stretch Capris ($70) for weekend events.
The Lands' End Plus Collection is available now at landsend.com/plus or by calling 1-800-800-5800. Lands' End Specialty Shoppers are available to answer specific sizing and fit questions.
About Lands' End
Lands' End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands' End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home at landsend.com, 1-800-800-5800, the Lands' End Shops at Sears and around the world. Lands' End is a proud member of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD).
SOURCE Lands' End