NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- HarperCollins Christian Publishing announced today it represented a combined total of five titles that were chosen as top resources of the year by Outreach magazine. Three Thomas Nelson titles and two Zondervan titles were recognized as a categorical best, out of thirteen.
Out of 197 total submissions, 152 selections were given to a panelist for consideration, in the annual search for Outreach Resources of the Year. Panelists were asked to choose what they considered the best resources, in addition to choosing "also recommended" titles. Out of the "also recommended" titles, Thomas Nelson had one and Zondervan had two.
The five titles chosen for Resources of the Year are:
- The Colson Way: Loving Your Neighbor and Living with Faith in a Hostile World by Owen Strachan (Thomas Nelson)- Evangelism
- Evangelicals Around the World: A Global Handbook for the 21st Century by Brian C. Stiller, general editor (Thomas Nelson)- Cross-Cultural
- The One: Experience Jesus by Carlos Darby (Thomas Nelson)- Inspirational
- Gaining By Losing: Why the Future Belongs to Churches That Send by J.D. Greear (Zondervan)- Church
- Jesus, Continued…Why the Spirit Inside You is Better Than Jesus Beside You by J.D. Greear (Zondervan)- Devotional
The three titles chosen for "also recommended" are:
- Brave New Discipleship: Cultivating Scripture-Driven Christians in a Culture-Driven World by Max Anders (Thomas Nelson)- Discipleship and Spiritual Growth
- Garden City: Work, Rest, and the Art of Being Human by John Mark Comer (Zondervan)- Devotional
- #Struggles: Following Jesus in a Selfie-Centered World by Craig Groeschel (Zondervan)- Devotional
According to the article, "13th Annual Outreach Resources of the Year" in Outreach magazine's March/April 2016 Issue, books and curricula submissions must have been published between November 1, 2014 and October 31, 2015 in order to qualify.
"It is a great honor that our titles have been chosen by Outreach to represent this year's best resources for church leaders," commented Mark Schoenwald, president and CEO of HarperCollins Christian Publishing. "Carrying out the Great Commission begins in the church and I am pleased our authors and editors have been recognized for their contributions in fulfilling our calling."
For more information on these selected resources and any of the recommended reads, or to read excerpts from the books, please visit Outreach's official site, OutreachMagazine.com/ORY.
About HarperCollins Christian Publishing: The world's leading Christian publisher, HarperCollins Christian Publishing Inc., comprises both Thomas Nelson and Zondervan publishing groups in addition to Olive Tree Bible Software. The Company produces bestselling Bibles, inspirational books, academic resources, curriculum, audio and digital content for the Christian market space. Also home to BibleGateway.com, the world's largest Christian website, and FaithGateway.com, an online community dedicated to helping people grow in their faith. HarperCollins Christian Publishing is headquartered in Nashville, TN with additional offices in the U.S., Mexico and Brazil. For more information visit www.HarperCollinsChristian.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/five-harpercollins-christian-publishing-titles-picked-as-outreachs-resources-of-the-year-300243248.html
SOURCE HarperCollins Christian Publishing