Five Industry Leaders Align to Create Complete Masonry Cavity Wall System
TOLEDO, Ohio, June 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Five of the most recognized and trusted companies in the construction industry have aligned to create the industry's best complete masonry cavity wall system. Owens Corning worked closely with industry leaders and their products to create a completely compatible, code compliant and warrantied system. The CavityComplete™ Wall System for Steel Stud with Masonry Veneer makes it easier to specify and detail an assembly with components that are tested and proven to work together. The CavityComplete™ Wall System is the only wall system that is warrantied to reduce liability and allow architects and specifiers to design and specify with confidence. The system includes components from Owens Corning Sales LLC, Heckmann Building Products Inc., Mortar Net Solutions™, Rodenhouse, Inc. and Tremco® Incorporated. The Wall System for Steel Stud with Masonry Veneer will be unveiled today at the American Institute of Architects (AIA) National Convention in Chicago.
"The CavityComplete™ Wall System was designed with one goal in mind: to take the guesswork out of specifying," said Greg Mather, vice president and general manager of Foam Insulation Systems, LLC at Owens Corning. "Working with the industry leaders, we have jointly created and warrantied this wall system to work together as a whole with proven products that are trusted by architects and specifiers."
Owens Corning spearheaded this system with companies that have similar quality, performance and safety standards to ensure the wall system parts would function as a whole, including:
- Owens Corning™ FOAMULAR® 250 Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Rigid Foam Insulation for continuous insulation, EcoTouch® Flame Spread 25 and EcoTouch® PINK® FIBERGLAS™ cavity insulation
- Tremco® Incorporated ExoAir® 230 Vapor-Permeable Air Barrier, ExoAir® TWF Thru-Wall Flashing Self-Adhering Membrane, Dymonic® 100 Polyurethane Sealant and TREMstop® Smoke and Fire Sealant
- Rodenhouse, Inc. Thermal-Grip® ci prong washers with Grip-Deck™ screws for continuous insulation and Thermal-Grip® brick-tie washers for veneer anchors
- Heckmann Building Products, Inc. Pos-I-Tie® masonry veneer anchoring system, with the Pos-I-Tie® ThermalClip® and pintle wire tie
- Mortar Net Solutions™ Multi-plane drainage system featuring the TotalFlash® integrated drainage solution and the MortarNet® with insect barrier mortar dropping collection device
- Owens Corning™ Thermafiber® Safing Insulation for perimeter joint fire containment, when building codes require it
Industry experts agree that an integrated wall system will help solve many of the specification and installation problems they encounter on a daily basis:
- "Architects are always looking for ways to improve the performance of their exterior wall assemblies and CavityComplete™ Wall System for Steel Stud with Masonry Veneer helps make the complicated process more predictable by leveraging the knowledge of multiple product manufacturers. The CavityComplete™ Wall System provides documentation that architects can submit to building officials demonstrating that the assembly meets mandatory building code fire containment, air leakage, water penetration and thermal resistance requirements." - Mark Kalin FAIA, FCSI, president of Kalin Associates
- "The building industry has to stop only producing products and to start developing and producing building assembly systems. No one material by itself can provide the functions of air barrier and moisture management. These are the two most critical functions to address. By addressing the functions of a building assembly on a system basis, you will receive something that will work as intended and a building that will perform and be resilient." - Laverne Dalgleish, executive director of the Air Barrier Association of America
- "In commercial construction, our customers demand that a Project Team not only have a concern for first cost of cavity wall systems, but also an understanding of and a respect for long term performance costs as well. Specifying, detailing and installing complex cavity wall installations demands a significant, time consuming, multi-disciplinary approach due to the number of individual building elements that must be successfully combined. The CavityComplete™ Wall System team has not run from these challenges, but has embraced a solution that systematically addresses water and moisture management, thermal considerations, fire resistance, air transmission and connection detailing. This unified solution is a big step in the right direction for our owners and for the construction industry in general." - Chris Jahrling, vice president and general manager of Turner Federal Services
The CavityComplete™ Wall System is the next-generation cavity wall system solution designed to meet evolving architect and contractor needs, both today – and in the future. For more details about the CavityComplete™ Wall System for Steel Stud with Masonry Veneer including system component materials, specification resources, green building guides, warranty and more, visit www.CavityComplete.com.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass-fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune 500® company for 60 consecutive years, and in business for more than 75 years, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2013 and about 15,000 employees in 27 countries. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com.
About Heckmann Building Products, Inc.
With over 90 years in business, Heckmann Building Products, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of masonry anchors and ties for the construction industry. Heckmann Building Products is a 3rd & 4th generation family-owned business dedicated to producing quality American-made products. The Pos-I-Tie® Brick Veneer Anchoring System is one of the most specified and widely accepted anchoring systems in the masonry construction industry. For more information, please visit www.heckmannanchors.com.
About Mortar Net Solutions™
Mortar Net Solutions™ is the leader in developing and providing proprietary moisture management solutions for the masonry industry. The company's portfolio of patented products provides proven solutions for managing moisture in cavity wall masonry and concrete masonry unit construction. Mortar Net Solutions™ was founded in 1992 and is located at 326 Melton Road, Burns Harbor, Indiana 46304. For more information, please visit www.mortarnet.com.
About Rodenhouse, Inc.
Rodenhouse Inc. is a leading manufacturer of innovative fastening systems to attach various building components including rigid continuous insulation, commercial building wrap, lath and foam for stucco and EIFS, etc. Based in Grand Rapids, MI since 1993 and with sales throughout North America, Rodenhouse Inc. is proud to be Made In the USA. Thermal-Grip® washer fasteners have been recognized in the industry as the most labor and energy efficient method of rigid insulation attachment to help meet the new energy codes for continuous insulation. For more information, please visit www.rodenhouse-inc.com.
About Tremco®Commercial Sealants & Waterproofing
Tremco® Commercial Sealants & Waterproofing is North America's leading supplier of integrated building envelope solutions for the commercial construction industry. Product lines include high-performance silicone and urethane joint sealants, waterproofing membranes, drainage protection, air barrier systems, engineered transition assemblies, deck coatings, expansion joints, a full line of passive fire protection products and systems, and the industry's only comprehensive line of glazing systems including silicone sealants, tapes, gaskets, and setting blocks. With experienced sales representatives in every major market throughout North America, Tremco is positioned to provide assistance for specification development, application-specific product development, problem-solving and assistance on-site. For more information, visit www.tremcosealants.com
 The CavityComplete™ Wall System components were successfully tested and found to be fully compatible with each other in the system. Test results are available at www.CavityComplete.com/testing.
 See actual limited warranty for complete details, requirements and limitations available at www.cavitycomplete.com.
SOURCE Owens Corning