Five Morrison & Foerster Lawyers Named Women Leaders in Technology Law by The Recorder
SAN FRANCISCO and PALO ALTO, Calif., Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- California legal newspaper The Recorder has named five Morrison & Foerster partners to its annual Women Leaders in the Law list, a ranking of the 50 top technology lawyers from Northern California law firms and technology companies. MoFo tied with one other firm for most lawyers on the list.
The five MoFo lawyers recognized by The Recorder are Rachel Krevans, Susan Mac Cormac and Tessa Schwartz from the firm's San Francisco office; and Mika Mayer and Catherine Polizzi from the Palo Alto office.
As The Recorder notes, "These are the lawyers who get the call for that first, crucial funding round, the patent dispute only scientists can understand, the licensing-as-lifeline deal, the long-sought liquidity event."
"Our five honorees are among the most distinguished in their fields and have an impressive range of experience in litigation, intellectual property, cleantech, venture capital and other areas across the tech landscape. We've long enjoyed a reputation as a top technology law firm, and our women partners are leaders in the firm, their fields, their professions and their communities," said Anna Erickson White, Morrison & Foerster's firmwide managing partner.
Here is more detail on the five honorees:
- Rachel Krevans, the chair of the firm's Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group and co-chair of its Intellectual Property Practice Group.
- Suz Mac Cormac, the co-chair of the Clean Technology + Alternative Energy Group and of the Private Equity and Venture Investment Practice.
- Tessa Schwartz, the co-chair of the Technology Transactions Practice Group.
- Mika Mayer, the chair of the Venture Intellectual Property and Medical Device Groups, a patent prosecutor and IP strategist, focusing on the medical device, drug delivery and pharmaceutical fields.
- Catherine Polizzi, Ph.D., the former chair of the firm's Patent Prosecution & Counseling Group and former co-chair of the firm's Intellectual Property Group, an IP strategist for innovative emerging and established companies, focusing on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
The Recorder is scheduled to profile its Women Leaders in Technology Law in a special report on Sept. 23, followed by a reception for the honorees on Sept. 25.
We are Morrison & Foerster — a global firm of exceptional credentials. Our clients include some of the largest financial institutions, investment banks, Fortune 100, technology and life science companies. We've been included on The American Lawyer's A-List for ten straight years, Chambers Global named MoFo its 2013 USA Law Firm of the Year, and Chambers USA named the firm both its 2013 Intellectual Property and Bankruptcy Firm of the Year. Our lawyers are committed to achieving innovative and business-minded results for our clients, while preserving the differences that make us stronger.
Stefanie Marrone, Director of Marketing
SOURCE Morrison & Foerster