Five Out of Six Organizations Use or Plan to Use Cloud Storage, Says New Survey
Annual cloud adoption survey examines adoption rates, benefits and barriers
NATICK, Mass., Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TwinStrata, Inc., an innovator in cloud-integrated storage solutions, today announced the results of its 2013 Cloud Storage Adoption Survey. Conducted during the first half of 2013, the survey – updated from June 2012 – focuses on the attitudes and experiences of a cloud-friendly sample group as determined by their attendance at a recent cloud conference. The survey results compare how this cloud-mature group has shifted year-over-year and highlights advancements in adoption and shifts in viewpoint. The report can be downloaded at: http://www.twinstrata.com/cloud-survey-2013
Among the key findings:
- Storage capacity requirements are quickly outstripping the ability of IT to support them, with three out of a full 60 percent of respondents agreeing, "It seems like we are always running out of storage."
- More than a third (37 percent) of respondents indicate that they have been using cloud computing for three or more years – an increase of more than a third over last year. Adoption rates across all cloud initiatives (including software as a service, platform as a service, infrastructure as a service and cloud storage) have increased year over year.
- Despite having the second lowest adoption rate today (46 percent), cloud storage is the cloud initiative that faces the highest level of eventual adoption, with 84 percent using or planning to use cloud storage.
- Scalability/storage expansion was the benefit most cited by organizations currently using cloud storage. In contrast, it was also the benefit least cited by those with no plans to implement storage.
The full report and its accompanying infographic can be downloaded from the TwinStrata website at: http://www.twinstrata.com/cloud-survey-2013
- Interested parties can take the survey for themselves at: http://bit.ly/2013-cs-survey
- To try TwinStrata CloudArray for free, visit www.twinstrata.com/free-trial
- Follow TwinStrata at http://twitter.com/TwinStrata and http://facebook.com/TwinStrata
About TwinStrata, Inc.
TwinStrata delivers cloud-integrated storage solutions that seamlessly combine the flexibility of cloud-based technologies with the robustness of traditional storage. As a result, customers benefit from significant reductions in IT costs, time and administrative requirements. Customers of all sizes use TwinStrata to capitalize on the cloud's scalability and economy advantages without sacrificing the security, performance and peace of mind of local storage. More information is available at twinstrata.com.
Mark Smith, JPR Communications
818-884-8282, ext. 22
SOURCE TwinStrata, Inc.
More by this Source
TwinStrata Enables Live, In-Cloud Testing for Disaster Recovery
Aug 26, 2013, 08:30 ET
Indiana Wesleyan University Modernizes Storage Strategy with Cloud Storage
Jul 16, 2013, 08:26 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.