Five Pennsylvanians Recognized for Service in Communities
HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Department of Aging today honored five citizens for their efforts to provide leadership, inspiration and service to older residents in their communities.
The Pennsylvania Council on Aging's leadership awards were presented in Gettysburg during the council's annual conference. The recipients are:
- Marie Beauchamp , Orwigsburg, Schuylkill County, for using her skills and expertise as a registered nurse to serve her community and excel in her current position as chairperson on the Northeast Regional Council of the Pennsylvania Council on Aging.
- Dolores D. Hagerstrom , Exton, Chester County, for her support and promotion of senior centers in Chester County, her 15 years of service on the Southeast Pennsylvania Council on Aging, and her time as a chairman for the Chester County Department of Aging Services Advisory Council.
- Ruthanne Bentley , Beaver Falls, Beaver County, for her work as a member of the Retired Senior Volunteer Program, the Southwestern Pennsylvania Council on Aging, and for coordinating a Primetime Living Expo for local seniors searching for information and community resources.
- Robert K. Wargo , Petersburg, Huntingdon County, for his years of service as president of the Juniata Valley Senior Citizen's Organization and nine years as a member of the Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council for Huntingdon, Bedford, and Fulton counties, as well as his continued support as a member of the Pennsylvania Council on Aging.
- Michael F. Gallagher , Erie, Erie County, for his numerous positive aging programs, the development of a not-for-profit long-term-care and senior housing alliance (Healthcare Ventures Alliance) that he has managed for the past 14 years, and his service as acting chair for the Pennsylvania Council on Aging Northwest Region.
The PA Council on Aging advises the governor, the General Assembly and the Department of Aging on the planning and delivery of services for older Pennsylvanians.
For more information on the Department of Aging's programs and services, visit www.aging.state.pa.us.
Media contact: Christina Reese , 717-783-1549
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Aging
More by this Source
PA Secretary of Aging Delivers Meals on Wheels in Berks County
May 20, 2013, 11:10 ET
Secretary of Aging Issues Statement on the Death of Former Governor George Leader
May 10, 2013, 11:57 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.