NEW YORK, Nov. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As a PR professional, one of your main responsibilities is ensuring your brand is well-represented in the media. So how do you make sure your story doesn't get lost in a game of broken telephone? How do you get the media to re-tell your story the way you intended? "Controlling" the message is one of the things many PR folks struggle with. The reality of media relations is that you can't control everything. Period.
The PR Newswire guide, How to Make Sure the Media Gets Your Story Straight, shares tips on how to make sure the media share your story the way you intended, including:
- Build Positive Relationships: Put in the effort to build mutually beneficial relationships with key journalists.
- Issue a Press Release: A well-crafted news release is still a surefire way to spread the word, and to make sure your message is reaching the right audiences.
- Add Multimedia: Giving journalists exactly what they're looking for, in the format they use, will reduce inaccuracies and misinterpretations.
- Host an Online Newsroom: Making company information, fact sheets, earnings information, news releases and multimedia assets available electronically is helpful when journalists are looking for the details.
- Keep a Record: Record-keeping will come in handy to help you stay on message and align your team to do the same.
Making sure the media relays the right message doesn't have to be a headache. Access PR Newswire's full guide to earn insights on how to set realistic expectations and get your media relations plan in place.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire, a Cision company, is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms and distribution that marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers leverage to engage key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry over 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content -- and then distribute and measure results. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire powers the stories of organizations around the world. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific regions.
Cision is a leading media communication technology and analytics company that enables marketers and communicators to effectively manage their earned media programs in coordination with paid and owned channels to drive business impact.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/five-ways-to-ensure-the-media-doesnt-muddle-your-brand-message-300360567.html
SOURCE PR Newswire Association LLC