Five Ways to Take the Fright Out of Halloween Spending
Orlando-based nonprofit organization tips help avoid being haunted by holiday debt problems
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- InCharge Debt Solutions ("InCharge") is making Halloween a little more about treats than tricks this year by helping consumers get rid of the skeletons that might be trying to hide in their financial closets. Hoping to lift spirits of every soul seeking to celebrate the ghoulish holiday, the nonprofit suggests five ways to keep more money in your pocket and less tangled in the proverbial spider's web.
"Halloween spending can get out of control very quickly, particularly when you have children who want to go trick-or-treating in new costumes," said Etta Money , InCharge's President. "Of course, there is the cost of candy for the neighborhood kids, plus an office or school party or two. It can be chilling, but it doesn't take magic to keep spending to manageable levels."
Here are a five ways to "deep six" out-of-control spending this Halloween:
- Burn the midnight oil – spend a few evenings surfing the Internet for good holiday ideas, there are always great tips from other parents before and after Halloween.
- Use your skull – give some thought to clever home decorations you can make yourself or with the kid's help, they'll love the sights and sounds of the holiday.
- No need to be creepy – the treats just need to be tasty and you'll need a good supply. The dollar store or discount bulk providers are the best place for candy purchases.
- Keep the monsters close – get started early while it's light outside to trick-or-treat so you can walk in your neighborhood and avoid the danger and expense of traveling by car.
- Avoid devilish expenses – don't be tricked into overspending at the last minute for candy or extras you didn't plan on, resist the temptation and everything will be fine.
InCharge Debt Solutions provides an array of certified counseling services including an alternative to debt consolidation that allows consumers to consolidate credit card bills into one monthly payment, pay debt off faster, lower interest rates regardless of credit score, stop collection calls, eliminate late fees and build a budget and financial plan to follow:
- Credit Counseling: Certified credit counselors give free, confidential counseling (online or by phone) and offer an alternative to debt consolidation through debt management programs and free budgeting assistance. Call 877-486-4924.
- Bankruptcy Education and Counseling: Take required pre-filing and pre-discharge courses and receive counseling from certified staff. Call 866-729-0049.
- Housing Counseling Services: Get help with HUD-approved foreclosure prevention, first-time homebuyer education and free counseling. Call 877-251-1882.
- Servicemember Help: Specialized help for military families facing financial difficulty. Call 877-258-9549.
- Online Counseling: Free, comprehensive web counseling provides budget building tool, analysis and available solutions from your computer. Visit: www.incharge.org.
About InCharge® Debt Solutions
Founded in 1997, InCharge® Debt Solutions is a leading 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-service organization offering confidential and professional credit counseling, housing counseling, debt management, bankruptcy education and general financial education to individuals seeking options to manage credit card debt and consolidate debt payment. The company, accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), interacted with over 1.1 million consumers in 2011. InCharge is affiliated with InCharge® Education Foundation, Inc. (ICEF) which is dedicated to providing educational products, services and research supporting the personal financial literacy of consumers across America. ICEF also provides financial literacy training to servicemembers and their families through MilitaryMoney.com.
Contact: Media Relations
InCharge® Debt Solutions
SOURCE InCharge Debt Solutions
More by this Source
InCharge Debt Solutions Names Kristen Soles to Board of Trustees
Mar 25, 2013, 10:05 ET
InCharge Showcases Bankruptcy Courses at 2013 NABT Spring Seminar
Feb 14, 2013, 09:33 ET
How to Ensure That Credit Card Debt Isn't With Us Forever
Jan 31, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.