Fleming's WiNEPAD™ Launches Today Nationwide
Custom App Helps Guests Navigate the Restaurant's Extensive Wine List Using an iPad
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar today launched the Fleming's WiNEPAD™, a custom app on iPad that helps Guests easily navigate the restaurant's extensive wine list tableside or at the bar. Offered at each of its 65 locations nationwide, the Fleming's WiNEPAD™ design mirrors the Fleming's décor with a custom-designed case and color palette.
"For our Guests, the Fleming's WiNEPAD™ takes the guessing out of ordering wine," said National Director of Wine, Maeve Pesquera. "We look forward to enhancing the experiences of our Guests and taking the intimidation factor out of wine."
The application was developed by Fleming's National Wine Director, Maeve Pesquera, and the brand's National IT Training Coordinator, Craig Sheppard.
As the contemporary iteration of the classic American steakhouse, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is at the forefront of both technology and wine. Noted industry-wide for its technological advances and offerings, the brand heralds the Fleming's WiNEPAD™ launch as the evolution of its successful Fleming's 100®, its award-winning wine program that features 100 wines by the glass. Not only does the Fleming's WiNEPAD™ boast easy-to-use intuitive and interactive software, but it also provides label-specific tasting notes and, in some cases, the story behind the wine.
Another unique and differentiating element to the Fleming's WiNEPAD™ is the ability for Guests to match their current mood with specific varietal categories and tastes, providing a customized experience with the "What's Your Mood" function. White wine moods range from Fragrant & Fruity to Rich & Elegant, red wine moods include Big & Intense and Rich & Voluptuous, and sweet wine moods feature Sweet & Mouthwatering and Sweet & Powerful. The Fleming's WiNEPAD™ Mood Matcher function offers more than 10 moods with various wine selections for each to satisfy Guests' ever-changing tastes.
Available tableside or at the bar, the Fleming's WiNEPAD ™ has other standard features including:
- Wine List Tab – Sorts wines in progressive order from lightest to fullest by region, varietal, Fleming's 100® selections, wines rated at 90+ by Robert Parker Wine, Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast and local selections chosen by the location's Wine Manager;
- Maeve's Raves – Presents wines selections recommended by the National Director of Wine, Maeve Pesquera;
- Perfect Pairings – Showcases wine and food pairings based on the Guests' menu selection by providing three perfectly paired wine options that deliciously accentuates complementary flavors. This takes the guesswork out of selecting the perfect glass of wine for each course;
- Spin the Bottle – Provides a fun and adventurous take on ordering wine for the indecisive. The bottle icon spins and lands on a different selection each time;
- Share This Wine – Gives Fleming's Guests the ability to email themselves any wine on the wine list. The email comes to the Guest's inbox complete with their new favorite wine, tasting notes and an image of the label;
- Register for 'Friend of Fleming's' – Encourages Guests to sign up directly from the Fleming's WiNEPAD™ to receive exclusive offers from Fleming's and the opportunity to be the first to know about seasonal menus, exclusive wine tasting events and other extended offers;
- Tonight's Features –Gives the inside scoop on everything happening at your Fleming's tonight.
"Fleming's has a 15-year history of innovation," states Pesquera. "It's in our heritage to adapt to our Guests' changing tastes and needs as their daily lives seamlessly integrate technology. The Fleming's WiNEPAD™ is the next natural step to giving Guests what they want - an exciting and educational interactive dining experience."
For more information on or to make reservations, please visit www.flemingssteakhouse.com.
About Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
The nationally acclaimed Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar offers the best in steakhouse dining – Prime meats and chops, fresh fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders—with a unique wine list known as the Fleming's 100®, which features more than 100 wines served by the glass. Fleming's was launched in Newport Beach, California in 1998 by successful restaurant industry veterans Paul Fleming and Bill Allen. Today there are 65 restaurants nationwide. Fleming's is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including Wine Spectator Magazine's Award of Excellence.
SOURCE Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.