TORONTO, Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Flipp Corporation, a leading technology company whose digital flyer platform is used by top retailers across North America, today released its Black Friday Shopping Survey. According to U.S. consumers using Flipp's shopping app, Black Friday remains a go-to shopping event for deal seekers, with retailer circular deals driving shopping behavior.
"The survey affirms that digital circulars are the blueprint for Black Friday shopping this year," said Jeff Francis, Managing Director, Flipp Consumer. "Circulars are clearly essential to the shopping and saving experience. Consumers continue to want as many options as possible to find the best deal, which drives what people will buy. We're seeing that many consumers begin planning their Black Friday shopping over a month ahead of time and will even visit stores they don't typically frequent to get the best deals."
Highlights from the Flipp app survey include:
Consumers still look at Black Friday as a significant shopping event for savings
- 91% of users surveyed plan to shop on Black Friday
- 79% of users surveyed plan to spend the same amount of money or more compared to Black Friday last year
- 74% of users surveyed wait for Black Friday to purchase items they want to buy
Shoppers use a multitude of digital circulars to plan their trips resulting in consumers visiting stores they do not usually frequent
- 69% of users surveyed will read all of the store circulars they receive to plan their Black Friday shopping
- 15% of users surveyed will only read circulars for stores that sell items they are interested in buying
- 9% of users surveyed will only read circulars for the stores they usually shop at
- 7% of users surveyed will only read circulars for stores that sell items they want to buy for holiday gifts
Circular deals drive purchase decisions
- 60% of users surveyed decide what to buy based on what's on sale
- 40% of users surveyed know what items they want to buy then search for deals on those items
- 28% of users surveyed think 41-50% off a single item is a great Black Friday deal
Black Friday deal seekers are planners
- 31% of users surveyed start to plan Black Friday shopping one month or more before Black Friday
- 28% of users surveyed start to plan Black Friday shopping 2 weeks before Black Friday
- 56% of users surveyed set a budget ahead of time
What are shoppers interested in this Black Friday?
- 72% of users surveyed are most interested in purchasing Electronics.
- 27% of users surveyed are planning to purchase TVs
- 18% of users surveyed are planning to purchase tablets
- 15% of users surveyed are planning to purchase games
- 13% of users surveyed are planning to purchase laptops
- 18% of users surveyed are most interested in purchasing Fashion items.
- 87% of users surveyed are planning to purchase clothing
- 9% of users surveyed are planning to purchase shoes
About the survey
The Flipp Black Friday Survey aggregated results from Flipp's digital flyer app users in the U.S., who were surveyed between November 7, 2015 and November 10, 2015. The survey includes results from 2,056 respondents.
About the Flipp app
Flipp's consumer app digitally aggregates more than 800 retail flyers from national chains as well as hundreds of local stores to help consumers find the latest sales in their community. The latest version of Flipp is available for free download from the App Store on iPhone and iPad or at www.AppStore.com as well as on Android at Google Play.
About Flipp Corporation
Flipp Corporation is a leading technology company that is reinventing the weekly shopping experience. Leading retailers across North America use the Flipp Platform to transform their circulars for the personalized, digital future. Flipp helps retailers reinvent visual merchandising by enabling them to reconstruct visual concepts and strategies in digital, and is building the marketplace for retailers to connect with local shoppers. Flipp provides data and results that prove sales lift and give retailers insights into the consumer's path to purchase. Retailers such as Walmart, PetSmart, Sports Authority and Dollar General can be found on the Flipp Platform and, together, there are more than 140,000 storefronts in the Flipp network. The Flipp App is the essential weekly shopping utility for shoppers to find the best local deals in their community, with features such as coupon match ups and local flyer deals. Flipp (formerly Wishabi) was founded in 2007 with offices in Toronto and New York. For more information, visit www.corp.flipp.com and www.flipp.com.
SOURCE Flipp Corporation