LONDON, Feb. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AMA Research have published the 8th edition of the report 'Floor and Wall Tiles Market Report – UK 2015-2019 Analysis'. Incorporating original input and primary research, it represents an up-to-date and informed report on the market for ceramic and porcelain, natural stone and tiles of other materials (glass, metal, cement etc.).
Key areas covered:
• UK tiles market - size, recent trends and key influences, forecasts and future trends up to 2019.
• Analysis by market sector - ceramic & porcelain, natural stone and other materials. Sector size, product mix within each, key trends and influences.
• Market structure - review of market structure, breakdown of product sectors with major players, company profiles, anticipated future developments.
• End use application areas - analysis of key end use sectors for tiles, with potential growth opportunities.
Key areas of insight include:
• Market development in 2013-14 - driven by upturn in new housebuilding and returning confidence in key non-residential construction sector – hotels, leisure, transport etc.
• Key product mix trends – ceramic & porcelain, natural stone - growth of other materials in recent years underpinned by rising demand for glass tiles.
• Decorative trends focused on plain tiles but with growing interest in decorative tiles and non-rectangular shapes.
• Changes in supply and distribution structures – shares, growth of Internet etc.
• Short-term prospects for 2015-16 and a review of key market drivers into the medium term up to 2019.
Some of the companies included:
Al-Murad, Ann Sacks, Armatile, Bellegrove Ceramics, Beltrami, Boniti, Boyden & Co, British Ceramic Tile (BCT), Burlington Slate, Capitol Tile Group, Ceramiks Ltd, Ceramique Internationale, Cerrig Granite and Slate, Classical Flagstones, CP Group of Companies, Craven Dunnill, Decoramic Tile Centre, Digital Ceramic Systems, Domus Tiles, Fired Earth, Grespania Ceramica, H & E Smith, H&R Johnson, Indigenous, Ionic Stone, Lapicida, Limestone Gallery, Mandarin Slate, Marlborough Tiles, Marmobello, Minoli, Mosaic Restoration Company, Nicholls & Clarke, Original Style, Pilkington's Manufacturing, Pisani, Porcelanosa Group, RAK Ceramics, RJ Stokes, Saint-Gobain Building Distribution, Solus Ceramics, stoneCircle, Stonell, Stoneville (UK), Studio Ceramics, The Ceramic Tile Warehouse, The Stone and Ceramic Warehouse, The Tile Shed, Tile Choice, Tile Depot, Tile Giant, Tileflair, Tiles UK, Topps Tiles, Villeroy and Boch, Walls and Floors (Kettering), Waxman Ceramics, Welsh Slate.
Key areas covered in the report include:
FLOOR AND WALL TILES MARKET
• UK tiles market, market definition, overview of market size by value, recent and current situation 2009-2014 with indications of situation in H1 2015, recent market performance, factors underpinning demand and value growth.
• International trade 2008-2014 – indicating growth in imports and more subdued exports, countries of origin and key export destinations.
• Key market influences, including levels of construction, housing market, key commercial sector markets, economic trends, specification/buying issues, short-term prospects etc.
• Future prospects – market size and forecast trends up to 2019.
• Analysis of market for ceramic & porcelain tiles – including market value 2009-2019, potential growth prospects and forecasts up to 2019, key influences, product mix by type.
• Market mix by application - floor and wall tiles – mix and sector trends 2009-2019, factors influencing growth prospects to 2019.
• Analysis by end-use sector – contract and domestic – market shares, trends etc.
• Key factors driving growth and change – interior design trends, growth of wet rooms, expansion of floor tiles into additional areas, increasing share for porcelain floor tiles etc.
• Market for natural stone tiles – definitions, assessment of market value 2009-2019 and growth potential to 2019, leading stone types, mix by product type (limestone, slate, marble, travertine etc), application and domestic/contract sector mix, share mix by floor and wall tiles, key factors influencing growth to 2019 etc.
• Market for glass, metal, cement and other tiles – assessment of market value 2009-2019 , recent strong growth, potential to 2019, key influencing factors etc.
• Style and design trends - growth in textures as well as digital printing techniques that allow for feature walls for tiles, focus on stone also assisting with growth for ceramic & porcelain 'imitations'.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION
• Changes in market structure – UK supply base, growth of imports, continued importance of tile distributors etc.
• Major tile manufacturers and suppliers - including turnover size and market share where appropriate – recent changes, market positioning etc.
• Major distribution channels, and share by type of outlet – Tile and Stone Multiples, Independents, Mail Order/Catalogue/Internet, Specialists, Dept. Stores/Variety Stores/DIY etc – growth of online.
• Key companies, by type of outlet – major players.
• Key growth areas – prospects for 2015 and up to 2019.
• Important developments in the major product and market sectors.
• Review of key construction trends & economic factors impacting the market.
The UK market for floor and wall tiles grew by an estimated 4% in 2014, underpinned by rising demand from a combination of growth in housebuilding activity, home improvements and commercial applications. The market had been in decline as a result of a fall in demand during the recessionary period from 2009 onwards, and reached a low point in 2010 which was followed by a period of only marginal growth in 2011-2013. Ceramic & porcelain tiles dominate the mix in 2014 with estimated value share of over 75%. There has only been slight change to the mix since 2012 with the others sector gaining marginal share at the expense of ceramic & porcelain.
Changes and trends evident within the UK tile market identified in the last edition of this report have continued into 2013-14. The main trend has been a gradual switch into the mid-upper market sectors, particularly in the domestic sector, which has been dominated by stone effect porcelain & ceramic as well as natural stone. In terms of decorative trends, fully or ¾ tiled bathrooms remain a key trend but with stone effects and natural stone continuing to take share from plain tiles. Although neutrals continue to dominate the sector, there has been a trend for greater use of colour through Mediterranean and North African inspired designs and through the use of feature tiles, such as pop art panels, single tile motifs etc.
The trend for design breaks within a tiling scheme has become more prevalent, with combinations of tile sizes, shapes, textures and colours now used to create borders, frames, etc., for both wall and floor tiling installations. The stone tiles sector, and slate in particular, has undoubtedly benefited from the recent trend for texture in tiles, with growing demand for more riven products, particularly for texture walls. However, developments in the ceramic & porcelain sector in terms of texture have meant that stone continues to face stiff competition and price pressure in the middle sectors of the market.
The outlook is positive with the medium-term forecast related to the strength of the economic recovery, which in Q2 2015 remains generally positive, and continued recovery in the new housebuilding sector, as well as higher output for key private commercial construction sectors such as offices and leisure. In addition, both consumer and business confidence have continued to improve, but with a certain amount of caution still evident. For the tiles market, this indicates potential for good short-term gains followed by steadier rates of annual growth into the medium-term. The overall tiles market is likely to be characterised by price competition into the medium-term and beyond, as competition between tile types and other wall and floorcoverings is forecast to continue into the medium-term and imports will remain a significant feature of the market into the longer-term due to the limited number of UK based large volume producers.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3516871/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48