LONDON, May 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Portr, the London based travel-tech start up have just announced that AirPortr, their same day luggage delivery service, has partnered with Gatwick Express. Together they are delivering efficient and effortless journeys between Central London and Gatwick Airport.
Now, passengers booking the AirPortr service via Gatwick Express will benefit from a reward rate, so they can travel between Central London and Gatwick in 30 minutes, with their bag delivered securely within hours for less than £40 (a saving of £5 on a single journey and £10 for a return journey bookable on the Gatwick Express website here in 'Your journey' under 'Partners').
AirPortr collect and deliver luggage between the airport and passengers London homes, hotels or offices within hours, at a time suited to them - while they enjoy an easy journey avoiding lugging burdensome baggage around the city, on and off trains and up and down escalators.
Passengers travelling through Gatwick can now use AirPortr and hop on the Gatwick Express, 'flying' bag free to and from Central London, making the most of their time in London on the day they land and depart.
Chris Walsh, Head of Customer Experience at Portr, said: "Working with Gatwick Express, AirPortr are not only helping passengers to enjoy the benefits of 'Luggage Freedom' we are also delighted to be promoting the quickest and most efficient way of travelling between Gatwick and Central London. Together we truly are providing a superior and seamless passenger experience, designed to encourage more of us to use rail when travelling to and from London's airports".
Angie Doll, Gatwick Express Passenger Services Director, said: "We are delighted to be working with Portr on this exciting initiative. I know our passengers will really appreciate travelling baggage free non-stop to and from London on our services, with the peace of mind that their luggage will be waiting for them when they reach their final destination."
- AirPortr was set up by three frustrated frequent flyers who met through coincidence and shared a vision to create and shape a better way to travel.
- AirPortr launched in May 2014 at London City Airport, Gatwick in July 2015 and Heathrow in December 2015.
- Pricing: £15 to Airport addresses and local hotels, £25 to central London and £35 to outer London. Each additional bag costs £5 (with no size or weight restrictions).
- Delivery locations include airports (airport to airport), hotels, homes and offices within the London service area
- Customers include business, leisure, families on holiday, global adventurers and city break millennial travellers.
- All luggage can be GPS tracked in real time from a users smartphone/ as well as seeing their dedicated driver, covered for £10,000, there are no amendment or cancellation fees*, customers receive delivery updates by text/ email.
- All bags are X-rayed, tagged, sealed and tracked with their own unique number to ensure safe and secure delivery.
* Terms & Conditions Apply, please refer to http://www.portr.com for full details.
For further press information, imagery or to ensure you experience Luggage Freedom the next time you travel please contact:
Marie-Claire at Portr
+44-07990 453 910
+44-0203 384 6677